Lack of good early lerks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of good early lerks

I've noticed in pubs that there is a big lack of people early-lerking. It's very beneficial to the alien team, unless the com decides to hand out a few shotguns.

My suggestion is to make sure your team has 'a' early lerk on your team. Having none puts a lot of extra pressure on the skulks that oftentimes just get lmg'd by marines over and over. A good early lerk will get 10 kills probably b/f the com realizes that a good lerk is pwning his team. :x. psst, learn to early lerk and get lots of kills lol. =D

hints:
    --spore,
    --fly randomly until the lmg'er wastes his ammo,
    --distract the rines so that a skulk can just 'walk' the rine,
    --fear the 1337 rines who use almost all their lmg clip then switches to pistol then goes 'click, click' and when you go in for the kill they switch back to lmg and pwn you by hitting every 5-10 lmg bullets on you,
    --If you have less than 90hp, you're very easy to kill if you go in for a kill
    --get heals by field gorges :x.
    --spore to distract/irritate, as it makes rines get angry and call for health LOL
    --if aliens go sensory first, get FOCUS. bite, fly up, swoop down again and bite. Often rines will have 0 chance of killing you, b/c they panic after they see more than 1/2 their hp disappear and realize that they're a one-hit-kill-wonder.
    --make sure your team has a decent fade, or no matter how many kills you make as a lerk, you can't kill a group of shotgunners as you will die. Must...have..good..fade on team. Try to get a good player to fade :x.
    --stay alive to go straight onos after or before the 2nd hive is up. IF you die 3 times, you can't go onos...and it is very likely to take a very long time for an onos to appear. Just stay alive, kill peeps, spore and...wander around?
    --celerity, focus, and carapace are your friends.
    --if you're running around from marines and have very very low health...get around ANY corner as fast as possible in the most eradic moves possible. You might not die then? lol. ps. don't get in those situations :x.
    --watch out for rines w/ shotguns camping... Those guys kill me more than anything :x.
    --don't sit in a vent staring at marines...you're going to get pistol scripted. ...seriously.
    --if marines are building a PG in your future 2nd hive, PLEASE just fly around and delay them. If one of them is still building..fly down and #$%# that guy up. Seriously. You have to buy time. If they get that PG up in the 2nd hive, the game just got 10x harder. It doesn't matter if you die. It doesn't matter about anything. You have to delay long enough to get skulks into the hive to kill the marines building the pg. If there are 0 skulks around, try to kill them all. Spore, and fly down there... If you're truly attacking them, they will ALL stop building and will start shooting at you. Hopefully they will run out of ammo and will reload b/f continuing to build the PG. LOL...then maybe a stray skulk can come in and kill them while they're all reloading while the pg still isn't up. Also..try to get in behind a marine so not only do the rines not hit you, but they hit their buddy (especially true when one rine is building, b/c often the other marines are on the other side (so you can get on the one side w/out rines and they'll TK their buddy lol) ).
    --Once you have 30 res, you can be a lot more reckless. But don't die b/f you have 30 res to re-lerk. It puts you and your team in a tough spot (as that is normally when the rines pressure the 2nd hive or lock it down :x).
    --Urge the team to go MC's if you're good at early lerking =D. Celerity pwns =D. Focus is nice too. DC's...are...generally just a pain if you're lerking b/c it doesn't help to have extra armor if more lmg bullets hit you :x.
    --Scout for the team. You're really fast and you're hard to kill. Make sure there arent' any ninja PG's going up.
    --If no one is going early lerk, the aliens are going to have a tougher time. Go early lerk if no one else is going to. At worst, perhaps you'll get better @ lerking. At best, you'll help your team out signicantly.
    --Try not to block onos's or fading blinking. :x.
    --When grinding a pg...you may or may not wanting to fly up a bit (it helps with blocking the marines in and the registration of bites onto the rines and not the pg blg).
    --If they have heavies, go onos asap. Don't try to attack them as it's NOT worth it. Umbra, Umbra, Umbra, kill light lmg'ers recapping, Umbra?, attack base, gestate to onos :x.

Re: Lack of good early lerks

LOL, I knew all of those things and I still die so... Some people just suck at lerk like me.

Comment

use a paragraph :>

do not attack headon ever

try to setup a ambush with skulk - gas used to distractor is good

for most lerk i would say to use upgrade - sof for sensory, carapace for defense, celerity or adren sometimes for mc. regen is good but i use that if going lerk to spore spam with adren together. usually you will get pistol shot in vent or such when sporing many times so it is good to have regen there.

Comment

As a lerk, i like to spore. spore like crazy. always be where the rines are. Sensory lerk is awsome, spore + SOF ftw. I will rarely ever bite a marine. I do support
        Never Knows Best

Comment

Originally posted by masterptg View Post
          --if aliens go sensory first, get FOCUS. bite, fly up, swoop down again and bite. Often rines will have 0 chance of killing you, b/c they panic after they see more than 1/2 their hp disappear and realize that they're a one-hit-kill-wonder.
          Scent of fear can be a great upgrade for lerks as well, because it helps you avoid getting into situations that you'll get killed in, and will help you find a safe way back to the hive or gorges if you're low on HP.
          LLJK-Domino in game

Comment

I think most people (new people...) don't understand that a lerk is a support role lifeform. You normally wouldn't go head long into confrontation as a gorge, and you should treat the lerk the same way.
            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by masterptg View Post
              --fear the 1337 rines who use almost all their lmg clip then switches to pistol then goes 'click, click' and when you go in for the kill they switch back to lmg and pwn you by hitting every 5-10 lmg bullets on you,
              lawl

Comment

I tend to excel in support roles but recently my work as a battlegorge has deteriorated so I'm looking at other solutions and after following this post, I've happy to say that I've turned out to be a decent lerk. I kinda like adren instead of celerity since my enjoyment comes out of being the worst pest in the game... but not having celerity does occasionally result in death.

Good post!

Comment

If a lerk is not racking up kills, just sporing and using umbra, is he still making a strong contribution to the team? Or is it better to try to get up close and personal using bite?

How would this change between when there is a PG up and the marines are trying to siege a hive, versus intermediate skirmishes?

Comment

Pro lerks will have high kill counts because they know how to ambush. Average lerks won't, but they will make a huge contribution to the team by depleting res through medpacks, and reducing armor for skulks and fades.

At least that's what I notice when I'm fading.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer of Hippies View Post
                      Pro lerks will have high kill counts because they know how to ambush.
                      VERY pro lerks if we're talking competitive games. Otherwise, lerks that do very well in pub games but not so hot in competitive games tend to be more support.
                      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Lerks make a huge contribution without getting a huge score (sometimes they do but permagorges and fades tend to eclipse them). They can act as scout, res drain (meds), armor drain, defense (umbra hive2). If you find a lone basic marine, do some sporing, listen for the meds, then home in on em. Otherwise engaging the enemy can be very dangerous on this server.

Comment

Never go in to melee unless you know exactly what your facing. A surprised lerk is a dead lerk. One marine you didn't know was there will kill you while you're busy slaughtering his teammates, especially if he's got a Shotgun.

Comment

the last time i early lerked i had to switch teams because i just kept gassing and whenever i ambushed a rine, a skulk or fade came cruising through and finished him off, so i had like 10 points (and everyone else also had at least 5 kills, we were dominating) . . . pfft.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X