Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script for hivesight and marine equipment

This disables hivesight by default.

When you press the bind (see last line) as a marine, you see what equipment your team is carrying (due to TGNS' plugin).

When you press the bind as alien, you see hivesight.

There's likely a bug in this thing, as I've no talent writing these things. Let me know if you fix anything about it.

Code:
    alias hivesightno "cl_labelhivesight 0"
    alias hivesightyes "cl_labelhivesight 1"
    hivesightno
    alias -hs hivesightno
    alias +hs hivesightyes
    bind whateverbuttonyouwant "+hs;+showRes"
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: script for hivesight and marine equipment

Hrm. Now I'm seeing the green marine HUD text every time I leave my console, and it clearly has something to do with this script. I've been told before what causes this. Something about +/- commands. Anyone know?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      Hrm. Now I'm seeing the green marine HUD text every time I leave my console, and it clearly has something to do with this script. I've been told before what causes this. Something about +/- commands. Anyone know?
      If you enter the console while a +/- command is waiting to finish, it will automaticaly finish when you exit the console... I think. I know this happens to me when I enter the console if I have my pistol script enabled, and I enter it while firing... or something like that. Point being I've had issues, and I don't know if there is a work around for it.
      USAR

Comment

Might have something to do with you only have +showres in there (adding a -showres might fix it)? Not sure, but everytime I exec my configs I feel like it runs all my aliases or something (I have one that involved lastinv on marines and whenever I exit console my lastinv always exec).

I thought +showres was removed in 3.2? I hadn't realized it was added back in. What additional information does it contain?

Comment

It's a TGNS hack that got carried over from 3.1. We don't need to know any of the Kharaa crap that it showed us in 3.1 (we didn't need half of it then, arguably), but the marine information still proves handy (which teammates are carrying welders, mines, weapons, are parasited, etc).

That's why I love this new script. I'm experienced enough with most maps to not need hivesight for movement/navigation, and I don't want that green crap on my screen all the time as marines.

So, now, I press my one bind as marines to see which of my teammates is in what condition, and I press that same bind as aliens to momentarily enable hivesight.

I just wish I could figure out why the green crap appears on my screen when I leave my console as a marine.

Comment

This was a neat idea! Although I get 'Unknown command' for '+/-showres' on the servers. You sure it's still in there?

Comment

Yeah. I have this image in my head, from long-ago looking at the code, of "showRes", not "showres". Surely the HL console isn't case-sensitive?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                Yeah. I have this image in my head, from long-ago looking at the code, of "showRes", not "showres". Surely the HL console isn't case-sensitive?
                Surely it is, sir.
                Capslock has kept me from executing a lot of commands in a normal amount of time.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Stupid me, of course this doesn't work in co_. I swapped map to ns_ and it works just fine.

Btw, I have no trouble when leaving the console, here is what I used.

Code:
                  alias "+hivesight" "cl_labelhivesight 1"
                  alias "-hivesight" "cl_labelhivesight 0"
                  bind "q" "+showres; +hivesight"

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    I have no trouble when leaving the console, here is what I used.

Code:
                    alias "+hivesight" "cl_labelhivesight 1"
                    alias "-hivesight" "cl_labelhivesight 0"
                    bind "q" "+showres; +hivesight"
                    Thanks, Cain. I'll try that soon.

Comment

Have you checked if it's just '+showres' that sticks, or does 'cl_labelhivesight' also revert to 1? This sounds like a missing " or ; or something in the code.

ChopStick might be on to something here. Maybe this is an intended behaviour where all configs execute when you leave console? Would make sense to re-load everything anyway since mouse and keyboard response is altered.

Comment

I don't know. I'm so used to seeing hivesight, maybe it *does* revert to 1 when I leave my console as an alien and I just hadn't noticed. I'll find out and let you know.

Comment

I found a post on the NS-forums saying that the game emulates a release for every key/button when exiting the console. This means all -commands are executed, giving you further reason not to put anything in "release binds" such as pistol scripts. If you define:

Code:
                          alias "+leet_pistol_hax" "+attack"
                          alias "-leet_pistol_hax" "-attack; wait; +attack; wait; -attack;
                          as I have seen people do, then every time you close the console you will fire your active weapon. Or, say:

Code:
                          alias "+med" "impulse 10"
                          alias "-med" "say_team OMG, MEDS PLZ!!!!!111!"
                          in an attempt to fool "mp_blockscripts 1" will not, infact, make you the envy of an entire server.

Comment

Pretty sure block script would block that +med. All you need to do is:

alias medpack "impulse 10; say_team Med me."
                            bind h medpack

and that gets around block script.

Also I can post "my" console fix so that when you close your console it won't fire if you have a pistol script.

Comment

Those were just examples. All I'm saying is that when you close the console, the game emulates a release of all keys and all -commands will run. The same goes for -jump, -attack and all the other standard binds, but you should be careful with what you alias yourself.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X