Need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

is there a way where i can have my scripts open automatically at the start of the game, as they do. But can i have it where i press a key and they shut off?

SYKE DESIGNS

Re: Need some help

Code:
    alias "togglecfg" "stdcfg"
    alias "stdcfg" "exec std.cfg; alias togglecfg customcfg"
    alias "customcfg" "exec custom.cfg; alias togglecfg stdcfg"

bind <key> "togglecfg"
    Put all your fancy stuff in custom.cfg and the plain version in std.cfg, load your custom.cfg by putting "exec custom.cfg" in your userconfig.cfg that should be in your ns directory by default.

I have a similar system myself, where a default.cfg loads at start and contains a version that is "mp_blockscripts 1" compatible. I then have separate configs for all lifeforms and marines with more stuff included.

Comment

hmmm...

alright thx alot :D

SYKE DESIGNS

Comment

I use pretty much every script you could think of. I have zero problems with block scripts. If you want some help getting around block scripts, post some of your scripts.

Comment

Well, there's no way to have scripts with +attack in them on script-blocked servers. I use, among others, this:

Code:
          alias "+a_weld" "slot4; w; +attack"
          alias "-a_weld" "-attack; w; lastinv"
          Personally, I find this rather harmless, but I know some have a different opinion. Pokerface recently advised us scripters to "go fall off a cliff" and while this comment was clearly not seriously meant, I still fear the wrath of his mighty ban-hammer.

A post by Wyzcrak on the official ns forums also linked to the discussion here when mp_bs was first introduced and it got me thinking. My natural reaction as a geek is to tweek everything within sight to my liking. Game configs are no exception and the hl scripting engine, while crude, still offers potential to do some neat stuff.

But I still would never use a pistol script or bind +attack to my mousewheel. Hypocrite? Certainly! I am also one of those people who actually run on default gamma settings because I like the atmosphere. So I have my own standards on what is fine and what is borderline cheating, but I keep them to myself. Sure, I rant internally on the stupid devs for not limiting the rate of fire on the pistol when I'm waiting in the spawn queue, but I would never cry hacks on the one killing me.

The point being, if one can be found in my ramblings, is that while I may not agree with the rules of a particular server, as long as I'm there I'll play by them.

Oh, and scripts make you l33t. :D

Comment

many utility scripts get pwned by bs_1.

scripts I would like to see working on bs_1 without using something like autohotkey:

3jump (WITH +moveup).
            weldscript like above.
            knifenodescript - hold mouse4 to continually knife, switch to lastinv when let go.
            lower voice volume, raise general volume, turn on minimap when building.

The only scripts that you can 'get around' bs_1 that i know of are if they only have two commands, like the med/ammo/orders call scripts. For example:

alias +meds "impulse 10"
            alias -meds "say_team [ meds ]"
            bind m +meds

Originally posted by a civilian
            Blockscripts blocks binds with semicolons in them. It does not block aliases with semicolons.

However, it blocks aliases containing any of the following commands: +attack, +jump, +duck, +speed, +forward, +back, +moveleft, +moveright, +left, +right, +moveup, +movedown, +lookup, +lookdown, +strafe, +klook.

(It also gives warnings for aliases with +break, +graph, +camout, +camin, +camyawleft, +camyawright, +campitchup, +campitchdown, +alt1, +score. I don't know how many of them it actually blocks as I'm not sure what all of them do, if anything.)

Comment

k thx guys :D

and btw whats the weld impulse?

SYKE DESIGNS

Comment

impulse 14 - "Weld me" / "Need healing"

A full thread with all available commands here.

Comment

thx cain :D

SYKE DESIGNS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed