Hey Guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys

Coming over from battlefield. Is there a new player guide somewhere that'll get me up to speed and were do I find my steamID?

Re: Hey Guys

There's some sort of manual here:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/stat...asic/index.htm

Hope it helps you. Besides, stick to the TG server, it will be easier for you to learn the game here.

About your SteamID, type "status" in your console while connected to a server. You can bring up your console with the key above TAB.

BTW, I really recommend you to join the HLTV every now and again, spectating good players will really help you out, specially for alien lifeforms.

Comment

you can find your steamid by connecting to a server and typing "status" in the console. You can find some of the basics for ns in the community manual:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/stat...asic/index.htm

some of this may not be up to date.

We also have various rules and guides and whatnot on the tactical wiki

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...ural_Selection

I hope you enjoy your stay here

Comment

Just join the server and identify yourself as a newbie. We'd be happy to show you the ropes.
        Rm 14:2 NIV
        One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest View Post
          Just join the server and identify yourself as a newbie. We'd be happy to show you the ropes.
          QFT. You may want to add [I'm new] to the end of your name so you don't have to keep telling us.

Comment

++new players with sweet sigs ( stick with your squad. you'll live longer :D )

Comment

Yes, definitely identify yourself as a newbie. And don't be discouraged if people get angry or yell at you; even on TG.

I keep trying to get my roommate to play, but he refuses after being heckled for not knowing where to go, etc. This even happened here on TG (wether it was from regular players or not, I'm not sure).

Bottom line, you may get the impression that NS player's are elitist, but most of the TG regs are pretty good about teaching you the ropes and such.

See ya on the server!
              sigpic

Comment

if you guys abuse john, i'll personally knock all of you around once i finish my NS hiatus. glad to see that people are coming over to NS from bf2 though, perhaps some of our more "dedicated" NS members oughtta try the reverse. Always room for new faces in every part of the community (plus I know that half of you never leave the NS forum ;)).

Comment

There's ample precedent of NS players (including SMs) branching successfully into other TG games (and vice versa, of course).
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I know, but I want MORE! (and by more, I mean I want micro to start playing PR so I can snipe him. :D)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X