knowing when to fall back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knowing when to fall back

Having played NSC for several games now, I've noticed that it's definately teaching me how better to judge the time of retreat.

Often, In NS, you NEED to advance. Those skulks are chewing on your res node or phase gate, and you're the only hope of stopping them!! But alas... such drama doesn't surround every field decision, and learning to fall back when you're outnumbered (or better yet, soon to be outnumbered) is proving to me to be a very smart thing to judge accurately.

In NSC, if you fall back at the right time, it can really help you gain experience very quickly, as proximity to a killer gets you XP when you're not killing things yourself. But the alien just respawns and comes at you. More of the same. la la la...

But in NS, if you fall back at the right time, it can really help you gain territory on the map, as death often means the loss of weapons and/or structures and/or territory... whereas the strength of numbers will often allow you to take those things from the opposition.

So, as you're running around the ns_ map, try to ask yourself if it might be smarter to go back a few hallways and find a buddy or three to move with. Sometimes it's the worst thing you can do for your strategy. But sometimes it proves very helpful.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

which somehow reminds me of the trench warfare :?

Comment

This is why I honestly think NS needs some form of grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
        This is why I honestly think NS needs some form of grenade.
        A Hand grenade would make this game perfect.

.. pull the pin, put the nade in your mouth, run upto the onos, let him eat you and

BOOM

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X