Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting this out of anger.... 12:30min CO is BS...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting this out of anger.... 12:30min CO is BS...

Ive asked the admins to reconsider the 12:30 deadline for killing the alien in co with a response similar to "well, we dont care about CO, so it aint changing"

But lately people have been wondering why the server is on CO all the time... and nobody is ever on...

-Well CO helps fill the server up

-nobody wants to play a 12:30 min deadline CO

therefore nobody plays TG CO...

therefore the server fills up less, and that means less NS...

Change the timelimit to 15 minutes AT LEAST please, 12:30 is just BS. a 15 min timelimit will actually make it worth playing CO on TG...

I remember why i stopped playing CO on TG now....
    Prejudice sucks:
    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Re: Posting this out of anger.... 12:30min CO is BS...

Originally posted by blackjackel
    Ive asked the admins to reconsider the 12:30 deadline
    I remember talking about this on the server and recommending that you start a thread about it. Was there a thread before this one?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Voice your opinions, folks. Let's figure out where people want this time limit and put it there.

If this doesn't get much activity, we'll just leave it the way it is.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I may or may not understand (being a newb) but I don't see how adding 2.5 min to the time limit could Hurt. I actually prefer longer games. I like to play games not set in staging so the longer the round the less time spent waiting to play.

Comment

i'v no problem with raising it
          "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

lol

Yeah, News, what you say sounds reasonable, but players in the past have proven very opinionated about exactly what this timer is set to, as 2.5 minutes can actually make a difference to gameplay.

So, I prefer to just back up for a second and take concensus before I go changing this setting. It's safer for me that way. :)

Comment

I've got no real problem with it. I think last time this was discussed was a while ago, and we ended up pulling out statistics on win/loss ratio for aliens/marines in combat game. I think it's fairly obvious that any lengthening in the timer helps the marines win more, so if it's unbalanced now towards the aliens, lengthening the timer can fix that. If the point of this is just to have more fun as both teams (by giving more time to player with high tech/lifeforms), that's a valid reason too, because, hey, we don't care much about combat here.

I'm for whatever fills the server up so we can play NS. I suspect that means more time with high tech, but that's a totally half-assed guess based only on my gut.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                Voice your opinions, folks.
                Ok, then: I think you should have at least bought the armory a drink first.

Comment

There are three scenarios where the time limit comes into play.

The first is when the aliens are owning the marines but cant manage to kill the chair. This situation is extreamly frustrating for the marines and in these situations the shorter the time limit the better.

The second is when the aliens and marines are equally matched and in a stalemate. I have observed on other servers with longer round times that during these stalemates marines camp their base until they get more powerful and then end up pushing the aliens back to the hive for a win.

The third is when the mariens are overtaking the aliens in the last minutes and just as the time runs out the hive is killed or very close to death. I dont see a problem with this. The aliens were able to hold off the marines and deserve the win. This situation may be where most people have a problem with the time limit.

People have problems with the time limit for various reasons, and if one sticks out as a substantial majority then maybe some tweaks should be done.

As far as filling the server goes, If people are sticking around because they like the long combat games they may not be the best people to play NS with, or they may leave once the map switches to NS. Unfortunately the TG server is not popular enough to play NS maps all the time, I think most regulars have jobs or school to attend to during the day... so just be patient and join the server in the evening when a number of regulars are around. While waiting try playing NS or CO elsewhere, if you dont expect a good game its not so bad.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                    Ok, then: I think you should have at least bought the armory a drink first.
                    Lets face it, the armory has low self-esteem. Why should we have to respect the armory when the armory doesn't even respect itself?

I do not oppose a slightly longer timer.

Comment

the timelimit should be raised to 15 at least. i'd like to see something like 20.

We know that we dont play co for real here, we play as soemthign to fill the server, pass the time. Even if the games are longer, once we get enough people we could have a plugin that pulls up a vote opinion saying

"Do you want to goto next ns_ map?"
                      "1 - yes"
                      "2 - no"

ALthough it should be like 8 and 9 b/c that way peopel dont press it when they switch weapons. or an admin can change it or whatever. but having co games that are so short are rather dumb because you cant get anything done. For the more mediocre players, by the time you get to higher levels the game is over.

Comment

I can see it at 15 minutes, no more then that though. We have alot of experience players here, so anything above 15 minutes with the >10 level plugin is going to really tip the game in favor of one side over the other.
                        USAR

Comment

well, i talked to one of the NS devs, and he wrote it in his notes:

-Increase default CO time to 15 minutes.

15 minutes is what the default CO time will be in b6, most likely...I know b6 will be different, but still, it might be good to get a head start...

So far the majority agree with the 15 minute timelimit. If there is anyone against this, please let the admins know, and please state why you think so...
                          Prejudice sucks:
                          Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

15 minutes would be fine, but no more. 12:30 was always fine by me, but I don't care either way.

Comment

As far as I remember the choice of 12:30 was mostly made as a game-balancing decision. It may be that now that we are more experienced, the timelimit of 12:30 is no longer balanced.

The original thread can be found here.

Originally it was found that a limit of 15mins generally unfairly swung the balance of power in favour of marines. By 15mins, most marines would have jps and the game would be over. Maybe this is no longer true? I definitely do echo the sentiment that aliens seem to be winning co more often than not.

Perhaps some server stats are in order.
                              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X