Commander: NothingMore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander: NothingMore

Well, I'm sure some of you noticed that I have been commanding a bit. I find it alot of fun actualy. As much as i enjoy running around shooting things, some times it is just as much, if not more fun, for me to jump in the chair and command a round. To get more people to jump in the chair more often, I figured I'd post what I do when I'm in the chair.

Base set up -
    - Put the Ip's spaced out from eachother. OMG I can't tell you how many times i've seen a marine spawn and then walk on to the IP next to the one they spawned on, and then Die due to "DivineWind" Bwahaha. On top of that, Skulks can sit there, and camp each IP with out moving at all. And the spawning marine can't cover the other IP because it's right at his feet. Give him some shooting room, Put them far away from eachother.

- Everything else, Armory, Arms lab, Proto, Obs, PG, Should be next to the turret factory (electrified).

Disposable marines -
    The new thing! Marine in a can! Just add Infintry Portal! - The way I comm, My marines are disposable. The money I spend on them is for guns, HA and JP's you'll rarely see me use. To me, it just slows me down. I like to move my marines fast, when i tell you to do somthing, you better do it, and get there. No time to suit you up in HA or JP's. You may get a shotgun or HMG if your luckey, the rest of the money i spend goes to....

Med spam! -
    Med spam owns, It just owns. Most of the time I will have 4+ resc nodes to comm a successful win. Plenty of resc to spend on med packs/ammo. Especialy with out me dishing out the money on HA, Welder, Gun, Or JP. When i tell my marines to get into a hive, All they have is what they came with, I can afford to spend the money on meds =P.

Resc wars! -
    H'ok, so, We have some aliens right? These aliens have the ability to place "Rescource nodes". These "Recource nodes" distribute "Rescources" to each and every player on the alien team, and aside from a uber hacking skulk, this is their main source of income. KILL THESE FREAKIN THINGS. I usualy have 1-3 marines, grouped up, Killing resc, whenever i'm NOT invading a hive at the time. This will quite effectivly save the marines from seeing 5 oni. H'ok! so, Youve killed the alien resc, what's next.

3 hives -
    The pain! Owie Owie Owie! Skulks are exploding and gorges are webbing, fades are rocketing. Don't let this happen, and if you do, be prepared to kill that hive freakin fast. If you can, Push them really hard, take down 2 hives. then they can only build one at a time and they won't have 3 for a while again. If you do a really good job of killing resc nodes, then the aliens won't have any hives and that's good! not only for the marines, but for the aliens (I hear hives are itchy).

Marine Rescources -
    This is indeed the name of the game, Rescources. You don't have that, chances are, you lost =(. Get them early, and keep them, If one's under attack, tell your team, some one will try to save it. if it goes down, recap it.

HMGs -
    Get these, IF nothing more it's a nice thing to have when some one says "OMG ONOS IN BASE". Then your team runs back and you drop some HMG's on them and they kill the very surprized onos.

Onos -
    A smart onos will kill your resc, Drop HMGs and dispose of him quickley, he won't onos again for a while. Chances are, he's just a stupid resc whore and dosn't really onos all that well anyway. 3 HMGs should almost always take an onos out, or atleast make him run. 2 should take him out aswell, I drop a third one some times because the onos usualy isn't alone. An HMG without HA seems to kill onos much more easily then HA, as the marine is now faster and can turn the corner to kill the running onos.

Upgrades -
    They are the main aspect of my game, Level 3 weapons and armor, Most of the time I have 2 arms labs, Yes, Even in big games. I want those upgrdes FAST. Level 3 = win. It's hard, Very hard, for aliens to combat level 3 weapons and armor. Since upgradse are expencive, this furthers the need for rescource nodes.

Lerks -
    Shotguns, That's all.

Fades - They are hard to kill, unless you kill them fast, See "Lerks" for details.

Grenade launchers -
    I can't honsetly see one of these doing anything a shotgun cant, especialy with a few meds, or in a group of shotties. I don't use them, They suck.

Phase gates -
    Reaserch phase tech before motion tracking, It is important, especialy with my tact of "Marine in a can" that you get reinforcements to a position very quickly, incase some marines are stupid enough to miss the 30 million med packs on the floor.

Well, hope that helps any of our commanders that want to aspire to glory.

Disposable marines -
    The new thing! Marine in a can!
    Oh, i feel so loved.
    Med spam! -
    Med spam owns, It just owns
    Yeah, for your marines, sucks for aliens and people with low end computers.
    Grenade launchers -
    I can't honsetly see one of these doing anything a shotgun cant, especialy with a few meds, or in a group of shotties. I don't use them, They suck.
    GLs are chearper than setting up siege and take less time, A LOT less time, and in NS, time = money::money = life::life = teh`lose or teh`win, you decide...

Nice tips, i'll see if i can find my way into the chair more often and see if these help.

jackel~

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
      Grenade launchers -
      GLs are chearper than setting up siege and take less time, A LOT less time, and in NS, time = money::money = life::life = teh`lose or teh`win, you decide...

Nice tips, i'll see if i can find my way into the chair more often and see if these help.

jackel~
      Nuh uh... upgrading that armory takes for-frickin'-EVER.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Agreed. I've begun dropping TFs in rather random spots on the map, just to clear the next heavily-defended room. You sell when you're done, and 9 times out of 10, if your marines can shoot, you're going to come out better than if you had waited for that GL.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          Nuh uh... upgrading that armory takes for-frickin'-EVER.
          Well saying your armory is already upgraded..
          bah, and GLs are funner than sieges... unless you have that server mod where you can use the seige manually.. ::shifty eyes::

.. right

anyways, i suppose they both have their own benifits..
          but still in NS, time = money::money = life::life = teh`lose or teh`win, you decide...

Comment

Group of shotguns is more versitile then grenade launchers, not only to shotties kill structures freakin' fast, but aliens awswell =P

Comment

Originally posted by AreYouBreathing?
              Group of shotguns is more versitile then grenade launchers, not only to shotties kill structures freakin' fast, but aliens awswell =P
              there are times in a game where a GL is needed, like to kill a running onos. Another reason is that you wont have to go under or next to the hive to kill it, just have the shotguns protect the gl and he/she will take it down without a problem.

Med-spam: I like to let my marines fight the fight without help, lets them realize that the comm isnt always going to be there to save them. I also find it a bit dishonorable. Makes them think, or atleast it should. A marine has enough ammo to kill 6 skulks without getting any ammo.

I do spam every so and so but when i do its for a good reason.

Comment

Is FF on? Because that would be another reason shotguns are better than GLs. More likely to TK teammates trying to battle skulks or kill some Onos with a GL than with shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                  Is FF on? Because that would be another reason shotguns are better than GLs. More likely to TK teammates trying to battle skulks or kill some Onos with a GL than with shotguns.
                  Its the responsibility of a GL to not shoot at the ground at simple skulks, thats not the reason for the GL. When im being attacked by skulks with a GL, ill just sit there and jump a bit and wait for someone to kill the damn thing.

Comment

Tournament mode (ala FF) is enabled on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Versitility!

I'm telling my maries to go somewhere, I don't know if it's defended, I get there, and there's a wall of OC in the way, am i going to make them go back for a GL? nope, shoot through it =P With shotties, you can take OC's down in like 3 shots, Not only that, but you can kill fades in 3 shots too. not only that, it scares the crap out of onos, not only that, lerks are so dead if they get too close, not only that, skulks are like "hey, we're retarded, there's shotguns, oh no!" It's a matter of time... just like jackel said =P. I'd rather not waste the time to have my marines go get a GL, when i could just equip them all with shotties and have them kill... everything, efficently.

Comment

Emanon's main point was that there ARE times when a GL is more effective than a SG. As a commander, you'll need to learn when those times are. They may be different and unique to Emanon's times, but you better have some. As one white bunny almost once said... "Versatility."

Wyzcrak

Comment

Thats what i hate, i wish all guns expect the GL did half damage to structures

Comment

Shot gun rushes may work with public play, Just wait to see what clan play is like, you will never see a team react as fast as that.

Comment

Not talking about clan play =P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...