Reserved Slots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved Slots

Have you considered making an exception for the commander when it comes to getting kicked for slot reservations?
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Reserved Slots

Hmm...
    That would make the order of kicking:

first: Enigma
    second: [No-CD] person
    third: last to join server who is not a member
    fourth: commander

I think its a good idea.

Comment

If you do this you might as well also check for higher life forms before kicking.

Comment

There is a big difference between losing a fade or onos, and losing the comm. And don't even try to say losing a gorge is like losing the comm.

When you lose the comm:

1) no medpacks or ammo dropping - severly hurts all the marine fighting abilities
        2) no structures built or techs researched - the marine strategic advancement automatically stops

And this stays untill someone new can make it to the chair. And considering how much of a knife's edge the balance between the marines and kharaa are during most games, a game can easily be lost from the comm being booted.
        "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Card AKA Karrd
          Have you considered making an exception for the commander when it comes to getting kicked for slot reservations?
          Have you considered buying a a membership? :D

It's been considered before, and rejected. Since I don't recall why, a new discussion might be OK.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

A year ago tomorrow, in fact... when thread IDs were below ten thousand.. lol:
            Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            The real thing you want to avoid is a team to not have a commander. It's very rare that a team of 7 marines not have a single player that is capable of commanding. This means that, once you're kicked, it's very likely that someone else can quickly take over.

The kick system will not now be changed to protect commanders.
            http://tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=7122
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

that reminds me, someone on the server said perhaps we should kick people in the ready room first, then people playing the game. just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Infro
                that reminds me, someone on the server said perhaps we should kick people in the ready room first, then people playing the game. just a thought.
                Another good idea.

And let's not kick fades and onos.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...