pistol script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistol script

I've been meaning to post this for almost a month.
    Originally posted by vapox
    // pistol script (fire. slowly.)
    alias +pscript "+attack;"
    alias -pscript "-attack; wait; +attack; wait; -attack;"
    bind "mouse1" "+pscript"
    vapox gave that to me at my request. I've been evaluating it for about a month, and I'm certain I've gotten kills with it that I wouldn't have gotten without it.

I'll be removing this from my game, as I feel cheap when I use it, but I do want others to have the opportunity to use it if they prefer.

This script is legal on our server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: pistol script

So it only fires two bullets per click instead of one huh? All of the bullets in half the mashing.

Personally, I think I'd stay away because it usually takes me 7 or 8 clicks to get my crosshairs on target anyway :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      This script is legal on our server.
      This is a point, which our last conversation pointed out, that I still disagree with btw... but I am not wanting to get back into that mess....

Thanks for sharing the news...

Comment

I'd prefer your voicing your opposition to a server rule not be the ONLY exposure the NS crowd gets to you in months, but WELCOME anyway, even if you're just popping in. :) It's good to see you're still kicking! You playing BF2?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Once I get good enough to not need the pistol script, I may get it. But as is I need to get better on my own.

Comment

A few notes: When useing a pistol script you have to fire at a certin constant speed (slower than what you would shoot at), firing too fast will cause the script to not work and you will eather be "burst firing" or shooting 1 shot per click.

Also this script will NOT allow you to go over the rate of fire cap on the pistol.

Any amount of scripts will not give you skill.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
              No, but they do deliver possibilities otherwise impossible without that skill they don't give you. :/

After all, skill is only a means to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
                I simply could not disagree more

Comment

I was just wondering what the reasoning was behind finding this script legal for the server if you feel cheap when you use it.

Comment

I do my best to not manage based on my own personal whims. Scripts are included in the game, allowed by the developers, and promoted by the competitive leagues in the game. They're impossible to unmistakably detect and are only one of many ways to automate the firing of a pistol.

So, no rule is created against them.

Comment

No, but they do deliver possibilities otherwise impossible without that skill they don't give you. :/

After all, skill is only a means to an end.
                      Umm anything possable with a script is still possable without a script, a script will not let you do something you can not normally do in the game. If a script allows you to do that it's an exploit, some past exploit scripts were a leap useing no energy, the _special command and some others, but these have all be removed from the game.

It's just a two sided issue but I have found a lot of ignorance on one side. (based off people posting on the ns.org forms)

quick edit: Here is my entire config http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55257

Comment

Mowing my backyard with my teeth is possible, too. But I don't hesitate to tell my neighbor that mowing my lawn wouldn't happen without my lawnmower.

Yes, can we PLEASE, in TWO-THOUSAND AND FIVE, all agree that any engine (HL) input achievable THIS AFTERNOON with scripts is technically achievable THIS AFTERNOON by using control accessories (keyboard, mouse, etc) on the computer AND, at the SAME TIME, AGREE, in TWO-THOUSAND AND FIVE, that the HUMAN driving that engine (playing) is often NOT going to achieve those inputs in the same manner the script does NOW unless he uses the SCRIPTS, and NOT the control accessories to DO SO?

Gah!

Comment

Mowing my backyard with my teeth is possible, too. But I don't hesitate to tell my neighbor that mowing my lawn wouldn't happen without my lawnmower.

Yes, can we PLEASE, in TWO-THOUSAND AND FIVE, all agree that any engine (HL) input achievable THIS AFTERNOON with scripts is technically achievable THIS AFTERNOON by using control accessories (keyboard, mouse, etc) on the computer AND, at the SAME TIME, AGREE, in TWO-THOUSAND AND FIVE, that the HUMAN driving that engine (playing) is often NOT going to achieve those inputs in the same manner the script does NOW unless he uses the SCRIPTS, and NOT the control accessories to DO SO?

Gah!
                          Heh, very well put I would say.

And Wyz, I have been around constantly, checking forums every day (give or take a few), I just haven't replied to many. As far as gaming, I've been into a lot of GuildWars lately, but I did download BF2 demo and am considering getting it for my B-Day (month from nowish).

I've also been tossing around the idea of hopping into an NS game or two sometime soon.

Comment

^^^Should check out the BF2 demo server sometime mito.
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

ya mito. youve got more hours played on warcraft 3 than you have posts here at tg :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X