Overwatch Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwatch Anyone?

Has anyone been keeping their eyes on Overwatch? It a Team-based, FPS that seems pretty cool. Blizzard seams to be doing to good job of balancing out the heroes from what I have heard. Also, they seem to really cater to any kind of play style with the huge emphasis on team play.

Here is the "official" Overwatch cinematic trailer by Blizzard.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Overwatch Anyone?

Hey guys I have a steamer friend that really wants to play and stream this game, but cannot get access, can anyone help. (ps. I am sure he will make it worth your while) lol

Comment

EpicNPC will be the best place for him to look https://www.epicnpc.com/forums/661-Overwatch-Accounts

Comment

12th will be almost all in on this game - a bunch of us did the beta and it's SUPER fun. It's nice for a bunch of reasons:

1) It's team based - there are complimentary roles and staying coordinated and maintaining SA is super important.

2) It's fast, but it doesn't require pixel-perfect aiming. Hell, there's some classes where you barely need to aim at all!

3) It's looking really refined. This is my first Blizzard game in quite some time and it's a nice change of pace from the broken stuff EA calls 'release'. The beta release was as high quality as most games get a year after launch.

4) 40 bucks to start aint bad for a Tier-1 release.

Comment

Pre ordered, my real life friends want to play but they all suck at FPSs (too much MOBA and Smash). Will love to have a group of TG players to run with too
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I'm pretty excited for this one. I bought a key awhile back, and after the open beta, I have no regrets. It's a fantastic game.

Comment

I'm in.

FYI: I put in a request for some Overwatch TS channels
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

You guys have any beta vids?

Where's Silver when you need him.

Comment

Don't have any of us playing together, unfortunately. Here's some content to check out though to learn a little more about the game:

First off, most of the gameplay videos I've seen look like a super chaotic mess. In reality, the game play is so much more refined and orderly than that - it's more like a sustained fight around a flag in a Battlefield game. The BEST way to get a feel for the game, IMHO, is to checkout the Heroes themselves. Checkout the video below. It goes through the 5 things each hero can do.

- Primary attack (left mouse button)
                  - Secondary attack (right mouse button - though I'm not sure all heroes have a secondary)
                  - E ability (E key ... could be heal, deploy shield, drop mine, etc)
                  - Shift ability (LSHIFT ... usually movement or mode related, e.g. sprint, wall-climb, etc)
                  - "Ultimate" ability (Q key ... their "special move" that charges with participation in the fight)

Beyond that, here are a couple of documentary-style clips about the development of the game. This clip (part 2/3 in the series) talks about the FPS heritage, the theory used in building this game, the philosophy behind the it (i.e. why there's no scoreboard), etc, etc:
                  Last edited by WhiskeySix; 05-20-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Also some reports of a new Hero announcement Monday.

I highly recommend checking out these semi/origin stories into the Overwatch universe. These are really high quality, and feature the Heroes.

Comment

The next animated short, "Hero".

Comment

Decided to preorder it. I guess the servers open up today sometime.

Comment

Yup, a bunch of us did too! It goes live at 7pm EDT :)

Comment

Going to need to collect some Battle.net ids. My ID is whistlerTG#1257

Comment

Awesome... Its a midnight release for me ... and I'm off work tomorrow :D

EDIT: Meant to edit this into my last post... sorry
                              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X