something something on tilt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something something on tilt

someone said something about this in chat the other night... but nobody in channel new exactly what it meant...

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...-being-on-tilt

Tilt originated from Poker and it's usually a state of emotional frustration and confusion.

It's most commonly used if you're going on a losing streak and then you become so frustrated that you start playing worse because you cannot focus anymore.
    Gambling term (most common in poker) descibing an angry or "reeling" state of mind usually caused by a big or unluck loss. People playing on tilt play below their usual abillity..

oh that.

Re: something something on tilt

I usually know i need to take a break after a frustrating few rounds when i start actively thinking about aiming and moving my mouse hand to do so. Once you lose that automatic process due to frustration you need to make yourself some tea and take 15 minutes off.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Whats comes to mind for me is the tilt in pinball...although I don't tend to start smacking the side of my PC when I'm on a loosing streak.

Comment

Video games are for fun.
        If you're not having fun, you're tilted.
        You're angry about silly decisions other people make.
        You're angry about silly decisions you make.
        You're angry about the enemy team's "cheap" or "overpowered" plays.
        Video games are for fun. If you're not having fun, something's wrong ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X