Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitive rank

So finished up my placement game 5-4-1. Rank 44

That "tie" counted as a loss after I had a leaver and it told me I could leave without penalty. Guess Blizzard thinks losses aren't penalties?

What did everyone else get?

Re: Competitive rank

This is my understanding:

The penalty they talk about is leaving and being able to play competitive again. If you are the first to leave a competitive match, you will have some sort of cooldown to play again.

If someone leaves the match, you have ~30 to 40 seconds to leave without it being counted as a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
      This is my understanding:

The penalty they talk about is leaving and being able to play competitive again. If you are the first to leave a competitive match, you will have some sort of cooldown to play again.

If someone leaves the match, you have ~30 to 40 seconds to leave without it being counted as a loss.
      Nah, if you ever choose to leave it counts it as a loss. They released a statement to that effect on their forum (I'll see if I can find it again) The only time you don't get a loss is if someone leaves in the first 30s. Then the game automatically dumps you back to the queue again. Happened once to Whiskey, Nerd (IIRC) and I.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
        Nah, if you ever choose to leave it counts it as a loss. They released a statement to that effect on their forum (I'll see if I can find it again) The only time you don't get a loss is if someone leaves in the first 30s. Then the game automatically dumps you back to the queue again. Happened once to Whiskey, Nerd (IIRC) and I.
        Yeah they did that to remove any incentive to get one person to leave - either by griefing or by a volunteer taking one for the team.

(I went 3/7 playing mostly solo-queue and got stamped with a 36)

Comment

FWIW
          https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ky&sh=b57b1783

Competitive play is way bugged right now. Kinda feel like competitive is a hot mess at the moment.

Comment

FWIW
            https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...ky&sh=b57b1783

Competitive play is way bugged right now. Kinda feel like competitive is a hot mess at the moment.
            They fixed it in the hours after you posted apparently :)

I like the ranked game format, personally. I like having to push past the other team's high-water mark w/ the payload, and I like the best of 5 KOTH maps. It also helps that I DGAF about my rank, so I don't really get any extra anxiety about wins/losses - it's all gud.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              It also helps that I DGAF about my rank, so I don't really get any extra anxiety about wins/losses - it's all gud.
              I think rank only really matters if you're solo queueing or with a smaller group. Less likely to get that career genji at higher ranks, etc. The main thing that gets me on competitive is the length of the games. So used to 5-10 minute matches and some of the modes can kinda drag on. Its at least 2x as long per match.

Comment

I think rank only really matters if you're solo queueing or with a smaller group. Less likely to get that career genji at higher ranks, etc. The main thing that gets me on competitive is the length of the games. So used to 5-10 minute matches and some of the modes can kinda drag on. Its at least 2x as long per match.
                Huh. Undead said this last night - I guess I don't quite get it. Why does it feel different if it's a 3-game match or just 3 games? Either way it's 3-games of overwatch, so it's all good! :)

Comment

Sometimes you're just ready for a new map to load up, and a fresh start.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X