Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodborne - Wow, what a game!

So anyone else here playing Bloodborne?

Easily one of the best games I have played, on any platform, in years, and I don't usually like 3rd person 'action' games particularly ones that are this hard lol. Only played about 5 minutes of a Dark Souls game previously, can't even remember which one now but I remember thinking "what's all the fuss about, this isn't fun?!"

However Bloodborne has been something of a revelation. Stunning visuals and atmosphere, genius level design and a lore that slowly unravels. The visuals whilst clearly remarkable aren't purely 'pretty graphics', they're good undoubtedly. No, it's much more of an artistic thing. Honestly I haven't been this struck by a games setting in years. Perhaps the last game to have such a profound impact was Fallout...if you like hideous apocalyptic settings brightened only occasionally by melancholy beauty, or something like that.

Perhaps one of Bloodborne's strongest traits is it's abject refusal to hold the players hand and truly respect player agency. You are expected to explore and rewarded for doing so, handsomely. You are expected to experiment, to dig, to figure things out and to die trying, quite regularly. The more intelligently you play, the easier time you'll have. A breath of fresh air from the linear, signposted games that are pumped out by triple AAA developers and publishers these days. Bloodborne is a 'gamers game', unapologetically and revels in it. Its a hark back to yesteryear when games were harder, required more effort and rewarded perseverance and ingenuity.

If you haven't played it or are perhaps sitting on the fence but like a challenge I'd strongly recommend giving it a chance. At the very least investigate it further. If you do pick it up, persevere. Everybody hits a wall with it, gets stuck/frustrated etc, largely I think due to how modern games condition us to play. Crack on, regroup and reaaply yourself and hopefully you'll end up enjoying one of the most rewarding game experiences of recent times in my opinion.

(Remember death isn't a failure, its Bloodborne's way of telling you you did something stupid!)

Re: Bloodborne - Wow, what a game!

getting rave reviews, and kudos for selling over 1 mil... just wish it wasn't another exclusive... oh well.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Re: Bloodborne - Wow, what a game!

@Magnum, yeah the exclusivity is a shame. Still you could treat yourself, you know, you've been working hard and it seems wrong that you should miss out on one of the games of the year lol.��

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X