Weapon Review Video: The Last Word

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Review Video: The Last Word

I love Hand Cannons, I really love The Last Word, the destroyer of Fusion Rifle wielders in the Crucible. Here is an excellent weapon review video of The Last Word from Planet Destiny.

Re: Weapon Review Video: The Last Word

Finally got it after Xur had it last week. I could lose all my exotics and be left with this and I'll have no problem with it. I love this thing. It feels weird this this is one of the few, if not only, exotic that has a unique equip and fire animation.

Comment

Yup, love mine, I sprung for the upgraded 331 damage. Personally I prefer my Hawkmoon for PVE, dat range, dat impact but for PVP, particularly close encounters this beast lives up to its name.

Lost count how many times I've been caught out and my opponent has the drop on me and its "Not today" POW POW POW POW he's dead lol.

Comment

I just realized Hawkmoon is a PS exclusive and I been hoping for it to drop for a couple of weeks now lol. I haven't tried Crucible yet with it. I only just got into Crucible when I had to do my Thorn bounty. What really made me want this is when I saw your video just manhandling people in Crucible and now I don't have to panic when I hear a fusion rifle charge...Well panic as much.

Comment

Lol yeah TLW is a good panic gun and has compensated for my lack of skill on many occasions. It's pretty much a short to medium gun though occasionally it will surprise you at slightly longer range. It doesn't really come into its own till you unlock the hipfire and perfect balance perks.

Hawkmoon on the other hand is basically a nucleur snipa bazooka pistol lol. Its a shame its a timed exclusive, don't really approve of those sort of things.

Comment

I dont want to dive too far down the timed exclusive rabbit hole, but I have to say this about it:
            Normally, I'm ok with timed exclusives. Then again, timed exclusives are usually only exclusive for a month or two. Us Xbox players wont have access to the Hawkmoon until just before Destiny 2 is scheduled to come out in early 2016 (the PS exclusives from release are coming to Xbox in november 2015).

Comment

Alright, so I finally got to use it last night on Iron Banner as a level 31 Hunter Gunslinger, Wicks, and it's definitely a weapon that takes getting used to. I started shooting it as fast as I could and all I did was make bullet angels around the bad guy. I learned that unless you see a shotgun guy blink you should take time with your shots(Which I guess can be said for most weapons). It definitely stops people in their tracks when you learn the sweet spot for recoil control. Slugging matches are definitely a risk when you start flinching and if someone has Suros or something like that you might be in trouble.

Comment

Axis have you upgraded it much? If you haven't once you unlock Perfect Balance you will see what all the fuss is about and why so many shotgun campers and 'fusion as a primary' players hate it. It has zero recoil. You simply hipfire rather than ADS for the bonuses, aim at the head area and hold down the trigger if they're close (no need to keep pulling it for each shot). Basicaly you fire a string of six (I think) semi trucks of lead straight at their face before they can blink. Whilst it's a limited range weapon compared to the Hawkmoon or one of my favourite old legendarys "The Lord High Fixer", it will suprise you now and again as the range stat effectively governs damage drop off. Now that's important but not insurmountable when you are sending a six shot string out where every single shot hits like a Mike Tyson left hook with say 20% off. Who cares, it's like saying "this isn't the most most effective nuclear bomb" or "this minigun is only 5.56 as opposed to 7.62". It still does a metric ton of damage.

It's not my favourite PVP gun but my god when you end up in a Crucible game full of Fusion users it is hilarious to switch to this and actually beat them on their first shot with 4-6 of your own, all in the noggin. Seriously you can actually outshoot the first burst from a fusion rifle with it as long as you are gunning from the hip and moving. Amazingly these gods of MP either switch it up or leave.

Comment

The last upgrade I got for it was the single point sling. I have the hip fire and I'm about half-way researched with the bull perk. Still got a little bit to go before the low recoil mod. I already get about 15-25 kills a game without the recoil mod, I can't even imagine what monstrosity I'll be bringing out when I do get it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X