The Hunter's Blade Dancer Super is OP in Crucible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunter's Blade Dancer Super is OP in Crucible

Yeah I said it, the Hunter's 'Super' is OP in the crucible.

Seriously I have been the first victim or domino in the guaranteed Lottery Win that is the Hunters Blade Dancer Super and sat in tedious amusement, occasionally glancing at my watch, checking whether the grass needs cutting, as some skinny runt of a Hunter jogs round the map looking for his next kill whilst still in the midst of his/her super. Seriously I could soft boil an egg in the time in takes for this garbage to be over.

Now before I am bestowed with the wisdom of every Cheddar Aftershave wearing Hunter on the interwebz with such sage advice as "Get good noob" or "You suck" lets examine the Supers of each class a little more closely.

One of the complaints/counter points I often see proffered is that the Titan's super is an unstoppable OHK. "Daymn son, that Death from Above is noob central, no stopping it, easy mode for fools", or something like that. Whilst it may be difficult to stop in mid super, not impossible mind you, it is a limited area of effect super. You have a drop zone as it were and if the Titan is specced right, yeah, it's going to annihilate anything in that small radius. The difference is it truly is a one hit kill or more importantly a one shot kill. That Titan can't then run around the whole map, perhaps catch a bus to the next area or simply make a sandwich whilst he/she waits for the next victim. Seriously the discordant chain of kills I have seen some Hunters string together simply by virtue of them having 'redeemable parking' on their super is ridiculous. They can literally jog round the map stringing kills or take multiple cracks at the same bunch of targets. It's insanely imbalanced in comparison to other classes supers.

The same goes for the Warlock Voidwalker class. People cry about the Nova Bomb and yeah it's definitely one of those "Oh god dammit" moments but it's limited by AOE. Can you imagine the hullabaloo if the Warlock was able to run around the map doing it repeatedly???? The Sunsinger Warlock, which I do play myself (admitting bias) is a mixed one. Yeah you can mitigate one death but that's hardly a game breaker unless a) you use it intelligently and b) the game is super close. It's entirely situational and the 'Radiant grenade spam' ability again is somewhat limited in effect. You have to toss grenades underhand at as many targets as you can before the timer runs out and may get some kills if those players don't move or stand stock still as your 'fiery sun grenade' burns them to death. Not something most PVP players will do. Not quite the same as a super that lets you run round the map one shot stabbing people whilst moving faster than the bastid son of neo from the Matrix, Carl Lewis and that weird tweeker you see on the way to work.

Seriously, there is a reason you see so many Hunters in Crucible, why so many occupy the top rankings in PVP etc and it's largely because of their ludicrously imbalanced 4-5 kill guaranteed Super!

Re: The Hunter's Blade Dancer Super is OP in Crucible

I've seen Blade Dancers wipe an entire team out who was unprepared, and I've seen a blade dancer take two steps before getting dropped. The Hunter's specialty is definitely PvP, but the drawback with their Supers is that it gives them a Super weapon, not an instant explosive. So how it plays out now depends on them. It definitely gives more options then a Nova Bomb, but you can shoot an Arc Blade which can't be said for the Nova Bomb.

Comment

Bladedancer + Mask of the Third Man + Showstopper + Encore = Death Incarnate in Crucible.
      If you plan on running a Voidwalker in crucible (or in PVE), I highly recommend paying Xur a visit in the tower this weekend, he's selling the Obsidian Mind, which basically lets you chain nova bombs (each kill with a nova bomb fuels your next super).

Comment

Without being forced to use weapons for exotic bounties I finally had a chance to enjoy PvP with weapons that I genuinely enjoyed and I see where you are coming from. I used Blade Dancer a few matches and out of the 20-30 times I Arc Blade'd the entire enemy team there was 1 time I got killed before I had a chance to move on after my first kill. I was also killed by an Arc Blade on more than one occasion. Grenades that stick to people, throwing knives or anything that can do massive damage without going into the Arc Blade's murderzone will put them down. Usually if I see an Arc Blade after learning my lessons is I get him to charge me and stick him with a grenade(I will die from this, but at least this way he won't be killing anyone else). I think all classes have a sticky grenade(Flux, Fusion, Tripmine, etc.) They work wonders and they have ridiculous tracking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X