What's your favourite AR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite AR?

So what's your go to AR, for PVP and PVE.

Initially I was using some of the Shingen variants with a bit of Galahad thrown in for PVP. Then I got an old Shadow Price with a decent roll on it and fell in love with that. After a while I got a little tired of the initial inaccuracy of the Shadow Price I had, it gets better over time but still the recoil pulls too eratically for my liking, particularly in PVP against good players. Then I got the stock Vanquisher from the New Monarchy and without doubt it's the best PVP auto rifle I've used so far. I'll post some screeenshots of mine, it's the old 300 damage one with near full stability. The only downside is the 22 round mag but to be frank it just encourages good habits and if you couple it with increased Auto reload armour it's not an issue.

I have Doctor Nope with its giant mag and 24/7 radar and much as it's a cool gun the impact is so low that I don't have much success with it. Same goes for Grim Citizen. Decent gun but not really any better than the Shadow Price or Vanquisher and my favourite optic on it sits so high on the top rail it look like I've got a PVR balanced on there or something lol, anyone hiding on my right side could sit there all day with this monstrosity blocking my view.

I will pick up an updated Vanquisher for the 331 damage in due course but other than that and "For the People" (I think, which I am currently upgrading) there isn't much AR wise that interests me. All the new DLC AR's seem to be in the Doctor Nope mould of big mag, high ROF and almost zero impact. Not for me.

So, what do you use?

Re: What's your favourite AR?

For PvE, it's pretty much always Atheon's Epilogue when I do pull out an AR (I'm more partial to hand cannons and scout rifles) simply for the massive clip, decent stability and near constant stagger you get for landing even a single bullet to the head (or chest for vex). For PvP, I have a very nice Grim Citizen with Glass Half Full (bottom half of clip does bonus damage), Perfect Balance and Third Eye (radar active when ADS).

Comment

Re: What's your favourite AR?

I first used Atheon's Epilogue for PvP because 70 round mag and glass half full, but the game laughed and told me I need to use 50 of the 70 round mag to actually kill somebody. So now if I need an AR I pull out Suros Regime. I only got the first perk on it and it is a destroyer. PvE wise, I prefer scout rifles or hand cannons, I do keep Atheon around for when voidburn shows up in a nightfall. Atheon's Epilogue just makes a mockery out of anyone when voidburn is active. I haven't tried Hard Light in PvP yet though, but after using Atheon's Epilogue I'm a little wary using high ROF guns in the crucible that isn't a machine gun

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X