Gran Turismo 5 - November 24th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 5 - November 24th

Anyone else excited for this? Bought myself a Logitech G25 off craigslist today - first racing wheel I've owned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtmrEU9ZQw

Re: Gran Turismo 5 - November 24th

Wow, didn't realise it was so close, thanks Whiskey...
    A lot of fan service, but that's probably why, rather than despite, I think that's one of the best game ads ever made :)

So excited now!!

[Spartan 9]

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IHa2JshmO4

wants

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I am picking up a PS3 just to get this game. I have never been more excited for a game release like this one but I will not be buying a driving wheel. Will stick with the controller for now. Last GT I bought was number 2 and still remember the day I completed the 24 le mans.
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Spartan 4

Comment

I haven't played GT since the first game on original playstation, and some of 3 A-Spec so I gotta ask:
            Is there actual damage modeling in the game? (That is, if i crash at 200 mph into the cliff on the edge of a narrows, I don't bounce right back into the road and carry on like nothing happened. Fastest way to win in 1, buy level 4 turbos on a GTO Twin Turbo and not care how many times you crashed/flipped)

Do CPU cars still follow best-line time programming, like a ghost car? Was the biggest problem for me in 1 and 3, the cars would NOT try to avoid incoming cars, nor would they try to overtake/block. There were a few races where the number 4 or 5 car would plow into the car ahead from the beginning of the race till the end.

Do I stil have to get licenses, and to get A/International A do i have to be pixel-perfect following a line? Because nothing was worse than blowing my A license yet again because i was literally .002 seconds off of time.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I'm definitely loving my Gran Turismo 5. Haven't been able to play too much, but it definitely shines on my TV. This is just another reason to own a PS3. Absolutelying loving it. I haven't done any online races yet, but we'll all have to get together sometime to have some fun.

Comment

yeah I love GT5 with out a doubt. I can live with the limited damage detail and interior views and the fact there are no Porches due to a licencing issue. I am trying to figure out how this multiplayer works as it appears that you can't search for open lounges but can only create them.

Does anyone know something I don't about searching for lounges that have open slots in them?

Also like the idea of getting a GT5 racing club going and holding race during the night or weekends.

Spartan 4

Comment

No Porsche? I could have sworn I saw Porsche in the car dealers. Hmm....

Comment

There are some old Porches but they come under RUF and you have to win them.

It's said that Porsche side contracts with Forza and another brand for the Xbox. I am hoping that this GT will be a platform where they release updates to the game and new cars. I am really dissapointed in the lack of Aston Martins at the dealerships. They are missing the DBS, V12 Vantage, and older Aston Martins. They did go to town with the GT-R's, Lambo's, and Ferraris. Maybe they made this version out to be a big supporter of Super Cars and I don't see any Porsche as a Super Car. They even have the Lexus LFA which is definently a Super Car.

Spartan 4

Comment

True. I do have a feeling that, with the PSN and everything, they will be able to bring more cars to the game every now and then, with more tracks and other fun stuff. They have no reason not to. :)

Comment

I almost want to get a PS3 simply for this game :row__524:

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Wow. . . Thanks for sharing. I didn't realise it was so close. :)
                          I think thats the top best game ads. .

Comment

Originally posted by Leehy View Post
                            Wow. . . Thanks for sharing. I didn't realise it was so close. :)
                            I think thats the top best game ads. .
                            Uh, are you just here to reword my post? :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                              Is there actual damage modeling in the game?
                              No, not really. The damage is there, but it's nothing dramatic.

Do CPU cars still follow best-line time programming, like a ghost car? Was the biggest problem for me in 1 and 3, the cars would NOT try to avoid incoming cars, nor would they try to overtake/block. There were a few races where the number 4 or 5 car would plow into the car ahead from the beginning of the race till the end.
                              Yep. For all intents and purposes, the AI competitors do not exist.

Do I stil have to get licenses, and to get A/International A do i have to be pixel-perfect following a line? Because nothing was worse than blowing my A license yet again because i was literally .002 seconds off of time.
                              Yep, the stupid-ass license tests are still in the game. Polyphony acts as if Gran Turismo is some high-fidelity racing simulator instead of the realistic arcade game it is.

My advice? Rent before you buy. If you have an X-Box 360, purchase Forza 3 for $30. Gran Turismo 5 edges Forza 3 out in the physics of the driving (GT5 feels a little better), but Forza 3 is the better game. Hopefully Polyphony Digital listens to the criticism the game's received, because I personally believe this is a lazy, lazy, lazy entry that is riding the laurels of its previous accolades.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X