Anybody getting a PS4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody getting a PS4?

I'm getting one tomorrow at launch. MY PSN name is HaxivuS if you would like to add me.

Games I will have are:

Knack
    Killzone : Shadow Fall
    Fifa 2014
    Battlefield 4
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Need for Speed : Rivals
    HaX^

Re: Anybody getting a PS4?

Picked up a PS4 a while back and been extremely impressed with it since day one.

Really nice looking console aesthetically, the design is excellent. Functionality wise I really like the fact that it treats things like games etc as applications so you can switch back and forth between things as you would on PC.

Performance wise I've been impressed so far despite it being early days game wise. I got COD Ghosts with the console but that was incredibly disappointing and clearly a Last Gen game that was oprted in a rush. Killzone Shadowfall looked and felt better in the sense it seemed a bit less rushed. Traded COD, kept Killzone.

Actually I've messed about in the offline Killzone multiplayer against bots and I actually quite like it so if anyone intends to give it a go sometime I be interested.

The first game I've played that actually feels like a significant step forward from the previosu generation is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros. Despite the short length I've had tremendous fun with this and presentation wise it looks fantastic. If Phantom Pain continues on the same trajectory then we could be inn for something special.

I also picked up DeadNation on PSPlus which is a lot of fun but haven't managed to do any online Coop yet.

As regards upcoming games I am really looking forward to Watchdogs, Phantom Pain as I mentioned.
    Last edited by Wicks; 05-18-2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I finally got a PS4 last week. Gamestop had a promotion and gave me $150.00 for my PS3 toward the purchase (plus credit for three controllers and some games).

My first thoughts: It's awesome. I really haven't noticed any drawbacks.

I miss PC games but don't like sitting at a desk for hours. Console gaming exclusively is definitely where I'm headed for the foreseeable future.
      |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

We lost another one.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
          We lost another one.
          Well, not totally, I'm still playing in the TG Civ 5 tournament. But yeah, I'm headed toward the console.

Good to see your still here and active, Cougar.
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Well I'm just hitting the PS4 more at the moment as I can't use the PC for any length of time (dodgy back). Its been a godsend being able to sit on the couch instead of at a desk.

Ive been hammering Diablo and recently Destiny, which has been a blast so far, really enjoying it.

Comment

I've had my PS4 for a couple weeks now, enjoying it for the most part since I use it at my desk. I was able to get The Last of Us Remastered, and managed to beat it. It was one of the best games I've ever played. I'll be picking up the new COD:AW, so I can try it out with my XIM4 and see how it performs. Destiny and Killzone apparently have low maximum turn speeds, so it doesn't feel quite like PC controls, but I hear the COD series has higher max turns, so we'll see.

Requia86

Comment

Anyone still playing on this? Had mine for a while and just noticed this thread. I've been in ps2 beta this week. Also play gta v. I also have ghosts, codAW, bf4, destiny, nfs rivals, the crew, Diablo and a few others. Can add me the name is jgnhbz

Comment

I'm planning to get one too but cannot decide if I really have too coz I still have PS3. Is there any big difference? I haven't read so much reviews yet on PS4.

Comment

Gretings All,
                    I might be borrowing my cousin's PS4 this weekend.

His only game is BF4.

From 2006 -2007 I played BF2 on my PC as Rick_the_new_guy.

I have a lot of good memories with TG.

Does TG have a dedicated server for BF4 on the PS4?

If not, what server do you'all get on?

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...