SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

Ok, I didn't mean for it to happen, but awhile back I received a free PS2 from a family member and decided to try out this SOCOM franchise. I got hooked. Bad.

Then my wife bought me a PSP and I found out that I could hook the PSP up to the PS2 and exchange info between Socom 3 and the companion PSP game Fireteam Bravo. In essence, bonus objectives completed in one game, directly affected the missions in the other game (ie. Find a map while searching an enemy camp, that found intel helps the other team locate the placement of a needed objective).

While I still favor PC gaming, console gaming has a few great innovations that definitely enhance gameplay. First off, the dual shock system of the PS2 controller. It helps to mimic real world recoil when the controller shakes in your hand every time you fire off a burst at an enemy. It is also realistic to have the controller shake violently when you take some lead to your character. The controls are also pressure sensitive. Push the analog stick lightly and your guy creeps forward. Press it hard and you break into a full run. Tap a button to go into crouch, or slap the button hard to fall into prone. The controls are very intuitive and sure beats holding down another button or trying to toggle in the heat of battle.

The briefings are great in this series. You get intel photos of VIP's and installations, and they usually mimic some real world intel. For example, you'd have a drawing of a village layout from a local...

The game allows you to play the way you like to play as well. You can run and gun or you can creep slowly from bush to bush performing recon and either bypassing patrols or engaging them from a distance. I'm sure you know how I play! ;)

---
    Anyways, I am therefore very excited about the upcoming release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault for PS2 and it's companion SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PSP. The PS2 version is promising a co-op mode to play the entire campaign with your friends online!

I'd be interested in hearing from any of you that are looking forward to the release of these two games or just gamers that want to talk about the series.

Before I go, I'll leave you with some pretty screenies:

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2

-

Re: SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

Games launch today!

I will probably be waiting on them as Christmas gifts, if I can control myself...

Here's the teaser trailers:

SOCOM: US Navy Seals - Combined Assault:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

SOCOM US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

-

Comment

i personally love the socom line and its truly disappointing zipper didn't release it for pc.

Comment

i agree i love socom if they released it for the ps3 i'd go buy a ps3 tommorow.
        Current member of the

Comment

Yah, socom is deff. in my top 3.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed