• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More SOCOM for your PSP

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike

Platform: PSP

Genre: Action Simulation

Release Date: October 2007

Sony is planning on releasing another SOCOM title for PSP owners. Stepping away from it's first/third person shooter history, Tactical Strike will be an on-the-fly strategy game (You give orders while under fire and then sit back and watch them executed). The controls of TS are described as: "a cross between Full Spectrum Warrior and the squad command element from Brother in Arms. You're in command of four soldiers broken into two smaller fire teams, and you're able to issue commands to either team, an individual soldier or all four guys at the same time".

IGN has a preview regarding a hands on session with the title:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/787/787882p1.html

It looks like time will have to tell whether this title will fill the void while SOCOM fans wait for the big NEXT-GEN release of SOCOM for the PS3.

---

Re: More SOCOM for your PSP

:row__523:

Oh. This title is actually looking pretty good for a handheld game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4863

-

Comment

ya, I got a PSP just for s few titles like Commander, but never tried the squad shooter on it... they look good, but hows the play on it?

also noticed the newer Navy Seals is suppose to be like a strategy game, same with SWAT coming for PSP...will be interesting to watch, wish there were ways to play demos for those games. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
        ya, I got a PSP just for s few titles like Commander, but never tried the squad shooter on it... they look good, but hows the play on it?
        I have both Fireteam Bravo and Fireteam Bravo 2. The graphics/movies/and options are better on the sequel. The gameplay is what you make of it.

If you want, you can run and gun the whole game and finish off levels in record time. I, however, play for keeps. Quietly creeping from cover to cover. Scanning for enemies in the distance. Silently sniping hostiles from afar, or sneaking in slowly with a less-lethal option to capture them for intel. I also issue alot of commands to my AI teamates (they must hate me ;) ) to cover enemies or plant C4 or sabotage things.

A mission usually takes me near an 45-60 mins.

I also take alot of time with the pre-mission stuff. Reading the briefings, studying maps, Carefully picking equipment and customizing it, and then in-game looking over ALL the primary/secondary/bonus objectives with the intent of completing them all.

SOCOM PSP is definitely NOT on par with the caliber of games you can get on PC or the next-gen consoles. It provides a portable option for those times when you cannot be infront of those aforementioned gaming rigs but still crave some tactical action.

My wife and I usually go to bed early due to our work schedules and the fact that my 2 y/o son was apparently cross-bred with a rooster (if the slightest hint of dawn has broken, he is awake and at full speed!). With the PSP and included earphones, I can grab a quick mission in bed without the wife bitching that I'm up playing games on the PC all night.

It really works with my lifestyle.

-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...