MGS3: Snake Eater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGS3: Snake Eater

Well, this forum is quite dead, so I thought I'd try to spice it up a bit. With my new job and a couple of moves recently, I pretty much dropped of the map on PC games. When I got all my gear set back up last week (after my 3rd and hopefully last move in the last 3 months), I got back online after about a 2 week haitus... and I didn't really have any desire to fire up any of my old PC favorites, so I dug into my PS2 library and pulled out an old favorite - MGS3.

I am LOVING this game all over again. In fact, I never made it to the end in my first attempted play through. I can't remember why I stopped playing, it was back in early 2005. Anyway, I highly recommend this game to anyone with an old PS2 kicking around. In fact, the Subsistence version comes with some extra goodies, including new camera angles.

The plot is sort of outlandish (no where near as bad as MGS2), but it is great tactical sneaking action. I'm having fun sneaking up on enemies and doing all the CQC moves and the bosses are a trip.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: MGS3: Snake Eater

For some reason, it took awhile for me to get into MSG3, but once I got rolling it was tough to put done. I think I actually like it more than MSG1. It was also interesting seeing how everything connects with 1 since 3 is actually a prequel. I am certainly looking forward to MSG4.

Comment

I fell in love with the MGS series the first time I played MGS 1. Such a great game. MGS3 is genius. I love how its based in a jungle, and its probably the game which you have to put in alot of concentration and patience. MGS2 wasnt that bad, I really enjoyed the beginning (playing as Snake on the bunker). I hated the oil rig though. the whole map was too small. MGS3 really brought out the map range of terrian - it is HUGE.

I can't wait for MGS4 to come out, playing snake as he's an old man. Also R comes in as the new "cyber ninja"! when I saw that I was excited. I just cant wait for MGS4 to come out.

Comment

I just hope he isn't playable. I don't really enjoy switching between characters in a story driven game like MGS. Sure you get a different perspective and maybe a different fighting style but it takes away from the main character's development and story.

My only problem with 3 was that despite being in the jungle/outdoors you were still pretty restricted with regards to the layout. I know its how every version has been created but hopefully the levels in 4 will be more open with regards to paths and places to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
          Well, this forum is quite dead, so I thought I'd try to spice it up a bit. With my new job and a couple of moves recently, I pretty much dropped of the map on PC games. When I got all my gear set back up last week (after my 3rd and hopefully last move in the last 3 months), I got back online after about a 2 week haitus... and I didn't really have any desire to fire up any of my old PC favorites, so I dug into my PS2 library and pulled out an old favorite - MGS3.

I am LOVING this game all over again. In fact, I never made it to the end in my first attempted play through. I can't remember why I stopped playing, it was back in early 2005. Anyway, I highly recommend this game to anyone with an old PS2 kicking around. In fact, the Subsistence version comes with some extra goodies, including new camera angles.

The plot is sort of outlandish (no where near as bad as MGS2), but it is great tactical sneaking action. I'm having fun sneaking up on enemies and doing all the CQC moves and the bosses are a trip.
          Agreed, except about the plot. THE PLOT IS AWESOME!!! Lol, sure, it's not exactly based on a true story, but the whole MGS franchise has a crazy story that really makes you think...or makes you want to blow your brains out. Characters and character development is awesome for all of the games. Yep, I played this twice and completed it twice because my first PS2 along with my memory card in it got stolen (yh I know it sucks), so I had to get a new PS2, and lost game saves on, not only a completed MGS3, but a half-way through GTA San Andreas, as well as many, many more. I wasn't going to do San Andreas all again, but I decided to pick up MGS3 again because I remembered how fun it was the first time. An amazing game, classic in every sense of the word.
          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X