Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KillZone 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KillZone 2

    http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/killzo...ler-277084.php
    I dont play console games but this is quite remarkable - WOW

  • #2
    Re: KillZone 2

    Did you see the original target trailer? That one looked amazing but this one is actually realistic :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: KillZone 2

      I think you're talking about this right? I remember watching this in awe a few years back...doesn't seem quite as impressive, but still looks awesome.
      Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: KillZone 2

        Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
        I think you're talking about this right? I remember watching this in awe a few years back...doesn't seem quite as impressive, but still looks awesome.
        Yah, although if you take the time to get the HD version from GameTrailers, it's drop dead amazing!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: KillZone 2

          Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
          Yah, although if you take the time to get the HD version from GameTrailers, it's drop dead amazing!
          Yup, absolutely agreed.
          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: KillZone 2

            Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'd get glove-slapped for making a new one while this was here :S. Anyway, I have just miraculously acquired the Beta. Funny thing is, I don't remember signing up for it. So anyway, from what I've played in it, about 30 minutes worth, it is fan-holy cow-tastic! The game does have a SLIGHT lag in the fps department, but it's early days, I'm sure it needs some optimisation. The cover which they were talking about may be only in SP, as I could not find a way to use it in MP.

            The combat is fierce, to say the least, you can fire rounds at a concrete pillar and parts will eventually break apart to reveal a lovely Helghast headshot, and if you are close enough to an enemy, blood splatters all over the screen. The blood effects are as great as they looked in the trailers. The weapons feel like they should, it doesn't take 2 mags to kill someone, usually a 2 second burst to the torso.

            Squads are implemneted (do I smell eventual unofficial TG matches?) where there are 6, Alpha to Foxtrot, where I assume you can coordinate better, didn't join one yet from what I played. The Game-mode is an amazing idea. Instead of one mode at a time, you are given objectives, where you have to kill a certain player, plant a bomb etc. and there are about 5 of these.According to Guerilla, they will implement a thing that opens up new parts of the map after objectives. Sweet!

            Overall I am gobsmacked at how great a PS3 title this can (and possibly will) be, it takes the best from Killzone 1 and GoW as well as other titles, and mixes them into this unrivalled atmoshperic experience.
            Conclusion: It is superb!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: KillZone 2

              Originally posted by Harpo245 View Post
              Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'd get glove-slapped for making a new one while this was here :S. Anyway, I have just miraculously acquired the Beta. Funny thing is, I don't remember signing up for it. So anyway, from what I've played in it, about 30 minutes worth, it is fan-holy cow-tastic! The game does have a SLIGHT lag in the fps department, but it's early days, I'm sure it needs some optimisation. The cover which they were talking about may be only in SP, as I could not find a way to use it in MP.

              The combat is fierce, to say the least, you can fire rounds at a concrete pillar and parts will eventually break apart to reveal a lovely Helghast headshot, and if you are close enough to an enemy, blood splatters all over the screen. The blood effects are as great as they looked in the trailers. The weapons feel like they should, it doesn't take 2 mags to kill someone, usually a 2 second burst to the torso.

              Squads are implemneted (do I smell eventual unofficial TG matches?) where there are 6, Alpha to Foxtrot, where I assume you can coordinate better, didn't join one yet from what I played. The Game-mode is an amazing idea. Instead of one mode at a time, you are given objectives, where you have to kill a certain player, plant a bomb etc. and there are about 5 of these.According to Guerilla, they will implement a thing that opens up new parts of the map after objectives. Sweet!

              Overall I am gobsmacked at how great a PS3 title this can (and possibly will) be, it takes the best from Killzone 1 and GoW as well as other titles, and mixes them into this unrivalled atmoshperic experience.
              Conclusion: It is superb!

              Yeah I just got in this beta too and all I can say is if you haven't pre-ordered this game yet go and do it because this game is amazing. Its the closest thing to battlefield PC that I have ever seen on console ! Its AMAZING !
              DESODE
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: KillZone 2

                What he said :P

                Also, I just have to emphasise how well they do the First-person (basically, everything is first-person) so the camera moves with the animations, it heaves from side to side when sprinting. It just adds to the immersion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: KillZone 2

                  I will never believe in any game ever again after the epic fail that was Frontlines. These betas with "potential" don't mean much, I'll be waiting till the real reviews come out, although of course it sounds very promising.
                  Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: KillZone 2

                    I have extremely high hopes for this one
                    Me and my buddy were addicted to the first one on the ps2, we would spend hours on end fighting wave after wave of bots
                    It brings realistic, gritty game play in a bleak yet interesting environment
                    And you cannot deny those red eyes look cool! Me and my friend call them "Stoners" when we play lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: KillZone 2

                      Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                      I will never believe in any game ever again after the epic fail that was Frontlines. These betas with "potential" don't mean much, I'll be waiting till the real reviews come out, although of course it sounds very promising.

                      Wow you must have gotten the pc version of Frontlines. The 360 version was and is Amazing. I personally think it is one of the best 360 multiplayer games out there. It had some problems at start but , its all fixed to flawless perfection now. Squad leader to squad leader chat, proximity chat. The controls are flawless, 50 player games with zero lag, tanks , jets, Heli's , you name it, its got it. Even New maps and weapons !
                      I don't know what happened to the pc version but they stuck with the 360 version and it turned out really great.

                      As for Killzone 2, You can wait on the reviews but I will bet money that it gets a 9.5.
                      DESODE
                      Gamertag 360= DESODE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: KillZone 2

                        I heard Frontlines still doesn't have VOIP on the PC, something it did have during the Beta :P

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: KillZone 2

                          Just an FYI, the demo is out.

                          Played it, loved it.

                          Also finally got some use out of my UK account :p (TheBr1gand)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: KillZone 2

                            How come I can't find the demo at the PSN Store?
                            |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: KillZone 2

                              Only in the EU if you didn't preorder.

                              I got a UK account, sooo...

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X