Had my first night of PS3 gaming.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first night of PS3 gaming.....

And I have to say, not bad at all really. I didn't notice any lag issues, Apophis and I played R6 Vegas and everything seemed good. My only real complaint is that I don't think bluetooth is ready for primetime as the voice comm for the PS3. There was odd crackling noise and sometimes it would cut out, but then again I guess I get that on teamspeak at times too.

All in all it was a blast and I enjoyed it. I also found out that Apophis is a huge fan of the Mexicans carrying the 870's :D :p

Re: Had my first night of PS3 gaming.....

What is your ID? I've been looking for some TG to play R6 with. Mine is RatBastad.

Comment

it's TG-JMJ

Comment

It was a great night! It was my first TG-related multiplayer experience with the PS3 and I was quite pleased!

As far as the voicecomms go; as JMJ said, there were a couple incidents where things got crackly but for the most part it worked great. I wonder if normal cell-phone intended bluetooth headsets are the right solution.

I read that the PS3 will use just about any headset including USB headsets. I thought about giving my USB headset a try to see how that works. If it works, I might consider picking up a wireless USB headset such as the Plantronics CS50-USB for $174. I'm generally just not a big fan of Bluetooth for audio. I only consider it "passable" for cell phones because the audio quality isn't that great to begin with.

As far as those taco-toting, Remington 870 wielding Mexican terrorist punks. Those guys piss me off. I got nailed a couple times by one of those bastards.

Shakeyjake:

As far as playing R6. I really would like to get TG more involved in the console world. In the past, the lack of dedicated servers and user-controllable servers in general has made this very difficult. I'm pleased to see support for this type of technology with the PS3 and I think the PS3 may very well enable us to really break into the console realm.

I would love to get some scheduled nights going with some of these games so we can all get in and do up the PS3 TG-style. I think I already have you added to my friends list. TG-Apophis if I'm not already on yours! :)
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah the bluetooth audio starts to get choppy after you play for awhile. I've got you guys added, so I'm ready to play.

Comment

So are we gonna orchastrate another night? I missed the last one :( Warhawk just came out and I know you Apophis showed some intrest for a dedicated server. With in game clan support it could become a regular thing here at TG.

Maybe I'm overzealous but I'd love to play with you guys. Resistance is a good one for online and the R6 Vegas audio problems aren't so bad in my experience :)

Comment

To take that horribly out of context :D

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
              ..Warhawk just came out and I know you Apophis showed some intrest ...
              <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

I'm up for this, can definitely do R6V or Resistance......I have to see how the next few days stack up and I will post my availability here.

Comment

I personally enjoy Resistance the most online. I've had nothing but trouble with R6 unfortunately :(

The unlock system is pretty nice too :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X