Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Rock Band Multiplayer players out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Rock Band Multiplayer players out there?

Hey..

I'm getting bored with the solo mode, Don't live with anyone who wants to play much, and While I've got a few hundred stars in Band mode by Singing / Guitar, I absolutely hate singing so I was wondering if any folks out here had Rock Band and would wanna try to make a band. I'm trying to get myself the transparent instruments, and while I'll eventually get there doing the voice/guitar thing, It's annoying.

I've beaten every song on Expert for guitar except four (and a few of the DLC ones, namely Metallica.)

PM me here if interested, I prefer either Guitar / Bass, but flexible... Will not sing =P
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: Any Rock Band Multiplayer players out there?

Im still on the fence with Rock Band. The main problem is the questionable quality of the instruments, especially the drums. I also just moved into a townhouse so I'm not sure how the noise will travel without modding the drum pads. When I do finally brake down I will join you

Comment

I had a faulty Guitar and accidentally broke my drum pedal, but the EA support had it taken care of really quickly.

Look forward to playing with some TG people.. It'd be fun to start a PS3 RB Band.
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Still looking if there are any interested. If I can play guitar/bass I'd do Hard / Expert.. If drums I am only beginning hard.

I've got alot of DLC too, so if you have that they'll be part of the pool in 'random' mode.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I only have the PS2 version. :( I wish we could get online, but we have the gimped version of the game.

But I'm having a ton of fun with my wife and our friends. Our place is where everyone wants to hang on the weekends now!

BTW, I found the guitar and drums to be rock solid. I really whale on the drums and I haven't had any problems. Also, contrary to what a lot of people feel about the guitar, I actually like the strum bar more than the GH guitar peripheral. I always always always HATED the clicking of the strum bar on the GH controller. I like the more analog feel of the RB guitar I guess.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
            Also, contrary to what a lot of people feel about the guitar, I actually like the strum bar more than the GH guitar peripheral. I always always always HATED the clicking of the strum bar on the GH controller. I like the more analog feel of the RB guitar I guess.
            100% agree here. I know a co-worker of mine has been complaining about not knowing the notes register without the click. Needless to say, I blow him out of the water as far as skill goes because I don't need that audio cue to determine whether I'm doing it right or not... I just do it!

I tell him if he wants an audio cue... play the drums! =D

And geez, get my hopes up why don't ya! I've been hoping someone would reply and we can get something going... Oh well, If theres more posts theres more chances for people to look at it I guess!

I'm probably going to another co-worker's house this Friday, to play with his system. I offered to bring my console so we could play with some of my Downloaded Songs, but he doesn't wanna have to reconfigure his system, I was going to argue the ease of such an act, but I had a headache and figured... fine, we'll be playing, the wife and girlfriend will be there, and we'll be STUCK with freaking "Dead or Alive" forty-five times that night.

Then I'm sure next time he'll change his tune. No pun intended.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I got Rock Band on Day 1... Play every song on Expert Guitar/Bass... Play Rock Solid Hard on Drums (Expert on 35 songs 5 stars). I broke my Guitar in half the 3rd day I had it, since i played Guitar Hero 1,2,3 and was a expert at those... (Crappy guitar wouldnt register my strumming)... Instead of sending it to EA i soldered the pieces together, and made my own strummer. Works 100 times better. (Except for the Duct Tape). I dont do vocals, i dont want peoples ears bleeding again(Man was that a bad sight).

I own all the songs on PSN.

I'd join a band, but im pretty busy, and wouldnt be able to make practice on a regular basis... :p

P.S. The Lethal Éclairs ->ROX UR SOX
              Oyee

Comment

just picked it up tonight. enjoying it, spent a solid 30 minutes picking out my character. I wont have a solid internet connection until sometime late next week, hopefully. Ill take whatever job someone else doesnt want.

My one complaint is in the solo they have you name each member but you never pick a band so what gets displayed on screen is your characters name. Its just weird seeing a lone members name on the billboard or jumbo screen. Small complaint, yes.

The one other thing missing that I really liked about GH3 is Lay Down by Priestess, probably the most fun song to play. Other than that I think I will enjoy this more.

Comment

Yea the band name thing is a bit of a bummer, but then again, it's like "Well, I'm the l33t35t of the band, so they just recognize my band because of me"

Look forward to maybe playing a bit with ya in the next few weeks.

>Black_V!per -- not looking for a strict regimen of playing, just some fun. I still have trouble with the last set of 5 on Expert guitar. Only one of those I have down is "Train Kept a Rollin"
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Just completed medium. 5 starred everything but Vasoline. Is it me or is there something wrong with Vasoline. For some reason I am constantly off on the cords in this song. Either way I am pretty pleased with my purchase.

Pros:
                    Multiple instruments
                    Tons of characterization
                    Fun Song list
                    Crowd sings along with some of the songs, a great touch
                    Solo/Energy effects.
                    Bang Camaro is back (a top 3 favorite band of mine)

Cons:
                    The drums are loud
                    World Tour is both multiplayer and offline only
                    Random bandmates in solo tour.
                    Have to play through all of the extra songs to get to Bang Camaro "Pleasure (Pleasure)"
                    Song list seems to be back loaded with the songs I prefer to play
                    Still waiting for Iron Maiden "Fear of the Dark" and Dio "Rainbow in the Dark"

Overall, I recommend Rockband. The playlist is diverse and seems more akin to GH1, which is a good thing. the Guitar seems to need a bit of a break-in but once it is, playing seems to be a bit smoother than GH. I assume it only gets better with more people. Looking forward to trying it out with TGers, until then I will keep practicing.

Comment

I hate how my solo tour band looks so weird. Usually 1 Punk, 1 Rock, 1 Heavy Metal, and 1 Country band member. It completely doesn't fit, though I have had two people on stage wearing the weird armor thing once, that just made my character stand out.

And the World Tour thing is breaking my heart. I suppose the reason is security, they want the rewards to be un-hackable. Problem is, I don't have anyone else at my house or nearby willing to play, so I'm stuck doing the freaking vocals while playing guitar, and I HATE the vocals =p I can sing better than those real singers anyways, the game just doesn't realize it.

I'm getting to the transparent instruments, one song at a time, I'll get there eventually, less than 200 Stars away from getting to the set list.
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Got my "Clear" Guitar and Mic tonight. my god am I hoarse now though.

First thing I did after I got my transparent guitar was went and formed a public band thing, hit the "Random Song" button, and was on my way to completely blowing through the next three songs on Expert.

Two things, I have discovered, help out your Rock Band playing abilities: 1.) Red Bull. 2.) Adrenaline

I think doing the guitar/mic thing solo, even on Medium Difficulty, helped my guitar playing on every level, because I started using more peripheral vision for guitar and vocals.

Anyway, Anyone here is welcome to PM me here and I'll send you my PSN name, we can try to hook up. Oh and don't worry about difficulty, the great thing about the band quick play mode is you can play at any difficulty you want, so no worries about looking foolish, That's why I primarily play the guitar, though I'm decent enough with the drums... I'd look really foolish above medium for vocals though.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I finally got connected to the internet here and am updating my PS3 and browsing the additional songs as I type. I'm working on 5 staring Hard and am picking up the drums albeit slowly.

Comment

I downloaded a bunch of songs this past weekend and began my quest of Gold Starring things. I think I'll probably lose interest long before I'm able to gold star all of them (Heck, I haven't even completed any of the Metallica Pack on expert) But It's a fun thing to work on.

Gold Stars are different in Rock Band than they were in GH. In GH it was for a perfectly played song, with RB, it's score based, the score required being approx 1.52x the score required to get 5 stars-- And it's only available on Expert mode. I've got at least 4 now, and I'm pretty close on 3 more, just getting the few stupid mistakes all cleared up.
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Still looking =D
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X