Thinking about buying PS3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying PS3.

So is the PS3 all that it is cracked up to be. I have not played on console since Super Nintendo, I have been a PC player since 1996. But I see so many games coming out for console and they all look like they are kick ass games.

I now console has changed alot since I played on it, with all the new Online play now that you can do just like PC.

The only ? that I can think of right now, is there anyway to use a Keyboard and mouse with the PS3, games like BF-BC looks like it would be very hard to play with a controller.

Snowman out

Re: Thinking about buying PS3.

Using a controller for shooters is certainly not as accurate or as intuitive as keyboard and mouse. However, you do get used to it. Still, if I have the choice I am pretty sure I will always go with the PC version of the shooter.

The ability to use keyboard and mouse for a game will depend on the developer.

Comment

Yea Im also lookin to be buying a PS3 soon, only thing Im waiting for is to sell All my 360 stuff and whenever/if the PS3 comes in a package with GTA4, Dualshock controller and the PS3 itself with HD wires if possible.
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
        if the PS3 comes in a package with GTA4, Dualshock controller and the PS3 itself with HD wires if possible.
        Replace GTA4 with Metal Gear Solid 4 and take away the HD cables then you just have to wait a couple months.

Comment

Another ? can I hook the PS3 up to my LCD monitor I am using for my PC.

Snowman out

Comment

yes, but you will need either a hdmi-dvi cable or an hdmi cable + a hdmi/dvi connector.

Comment

Originally posted by xxSnowmanxx View Post
              Another ? can I hook the PS3 up to my LCD monitor I am using for my PC.

Snowman out
              You probably won't be able to play protected content if your monitor doesn't support HDCP though.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

We use Dell 24" monitors at work with HDMI->DVI just fine.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Some games do support USB mouse/keyboard, i think UT3 does, im not sure about others though, also like the others said, hdmi-dvi works fine, ive tried that.

Comment

Well it was just my birthday the other day and I picked up a PS3 as a gift for myself..."With my wifes permission of course" LOL!

It is great! I find it weird that there are Blue Ray players out there for $350 and up. I know some are coming down in price but if your going to get a Blue Ray player might as well get a PS3.

I plugged it up, hooked it up to my network and it found my media server. Streams all my movies, pics and music perfectly.

The Blue Ray movies are just so vivid. Better then I thought.

I plugged in a USB Web Cam I had laying around and bam it recognized it...same with a USB keyboard. Need to try a few more things just for fun.

Plus all the demo downloads are fun.

Currently I just have Grand Theft Auto IV but look forward to getting COD 4 for fathers day.

Of course I am a PC gamer for the most part. I do miss the keyboard and mouse so I will have to look more into it and which games support it...

Great system!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X