Getting a PS3 and want a racing game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a PS3 and want a racing game.

OK, I owe my son a PS3 and I've given up on finding a good racing game for the Wii, so what should I get?

I've heard that Gran Turismo Prologue is not much more than a demo.

I played Motorstorm at Best Buy, and it's fun, but reminded me of Excite Truck with its lack of realism.

Unless I'm strongly recommended against doing so in this thread, I'm looking at picking up Grid when I get my PS3.

Comments?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Getting a PS3 and want a racing game.

Grid looks good, have the PC demo of it... it seems fun.

Comment

Prologue is the largest demo you will find: 60 cars, 6 tracks (12 if you throw in the option to race the tracks backwards), and up to 16 player online racing. Then again you are paying $40. I have not played it, but from what I have heard, it keeps up the tradition of past GTs: stunning graphics and serious realism/tuning (minus damage).

I'd go with GRID unless you are really looking for a simulation racing game.

Comment

I would go for Grid and Burnout: Paradise City.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
          I'd go with GRID unless you are really looking for a simulation racing game.
          I'm not looking for a hardcore sim. Gran Turismo has always been realistic enough for me. Grid looks like a step up with its damage modeling, but a step down with graphics.

I'll have to check out Burnout: Paradise City, too.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            I'm not looking for a hardcore sim. Gran Turismo has always been realistic enough for me. Grid looks like a step up with its damage modeling, but a step down with graphics.

I'll have to check out Burnout: Paradise City, too.
            I really enjoy Paradise City. There are a number of different types of events you can choose from while driving around the city, but the whole game is "open" in that you can choose what events you wish to participate in at any point in time or just drive around the city. In a way, the gameplay flows much like the Grand Theft Auto series.

Don't forget MGS4 though. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
              I really enjoy Paradise City. There are a number of different types of events you can choose from while driving around the city, but the whole game is "open" in that you can choose what events you wish to participate in at any point in time or just drive around the city. In a way, the gameplay flows much like the Grand Theft Auto series.
              That sounds pretty cool. I'm downloading some trailers for Burnout right now...
              Don't forget MGS4 though. :)
              Oh, I'm gettting the MGS4 PS3 bundle! I've not played any other game in the franchise, but this looks cool...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

That sounds pretty cool. I'm downloading some trailers for Burnout right now...

Oh, I'm gettting the MGS4 PS3 bundle! I've not played any other game in the franchise, but this looks cool...
                I never played any of the other games in the MGS franchise either. I told Danielle she wasn't allowed to come home yesterday unless she brought MGS4 with her. I am VERY impressed with this game. The gameplay is very good and the graphics are quite stunning.

When are you getting your PS3 in? We'll have to hook up for some multiplayer MGS4. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is another really fun game, especially doing the multiplayer co-op.

Comment

When are you getting your PS3 in?
                  I actually haven't found it in stock yet and payday isn't 'til tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping that Gamestop has it in store next week...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I actually haven't found it in stock yet and payday isn't 'til tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping that Gamestop has it in store next week...
                    Search Best Buy, or Fry's, or anywhere. Just go get it! They won't be able to cash the check until tomorrow anyway. :)

Comment

Search Best Buy, or Fry's, or anywhere. Just go get it! They won't be able to cash the check until tomorrow anyway. :)
                      Check? What's that? I haven't written a check in years... I suppose I could, though...

Hmmm...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Check? What's that? I haven't written a check in years... I suppose I could, though...

Hmmm...
                        Join the club. My checkbooks are yellowed with dog-eared edges and I very rarely use them. But this is an emergency occasion that would warrant breaking out the ol' book and paying the old-school way. :row__523:

Comment

well now that I know we have a good size PS3 community, that makes my decision all the easier.

Seems like most everyone has a 360, but I'm wary about going with it because of the whole RRoD debacle. My best friend's has done it 3 times now.

Plus, playing online with the PS3 is free, that's always a bonus. Do you need to buy a wifi adapter for it or is it built in? I've never been able to find a definitive answer on that one.

Comment

wifi is built in.

Comment

nice

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X