Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid 4....

WOW!

To tell you the truth I have heard of this series over the years but have never played any of the previous renditions. (Never had the Playstation or Playstation 2).

So I went to Best Buy to look at getting COD4 for my fathers day present and instead of getting COD4 I picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 because of all the great reviews.

Once again wow...the graphics are amazing and the game play is pretty intense.

Reminds me of the old splinter cell games I used to play, but on graphic on steroids. The little details they put in the game are just crazy. Watching the intro was like watching a preview to a movie.

It helps that I have a nice 32" Samsung HDTV in my office to play on and the sound is pushed through my Bose speakers with the bass unit kicked next to the futon. When the chopper is coming down for a landing or the tanks are shooting I feel it in my buttocks!

I haven't gotten very far into the game but so far it is a great play! Very intense.
    Last edited by Quest Shady; 06-16-2008, 08:01 PM. Reason: Because I have not been on steroids...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4....

Yeah, I'm floored by this game. The graphics are absolutely stunning, the gameplay is great, and the story is quite engaging. Certainly a must-have!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I just got a second PS3 with the bundle, i'll start playing tonight. Cant wait!!!

Yes, 2 PS3s are needed :)
      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
        I just got a second PS3 with the bundle, i'll start playing tonight. Cant wait!!!

Yes, 2 PS3s are needed :)
        LOL I will agree with you there...I would love to get a second one for my main living room. Really why spend $400 on a blue ray player when you can have a PS3. It detects and plays almost everything on my media server no problems.

Comment

I just tried the Online side of Metal Gear Solid 4. Seems like we could have osme fun there with some proper TG players. All types of missions. Stealth, Death Match, Snake and a few others.

I am still trying to get used to all of it but seems pretty fun and lively.

I am on there as QuestShady. Feel freee to add me.

Comment

What's the replay value on this game?
            |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

Originally posted by Rali3gH View Post
              What's the replay value on this game?
              I assume you are talking about if you beat it once whats the likeliness you will play it again?

I guess that depends on how well you like the Metal Gear Solid Series and if you like trying to find and get everything as well as beat every level. Because there are a lot of hidden special items and weapons that you can try and get as well as certain emblems you can "Earn" for completing the levels in certain fashions...

There is also the Metal Gear Solid on line arena which seems to be getting more and more people and better playing experience. If we get some TG folks on there I bet we could have some real good games.

On top of all that there is the expectant release of the Version 2.4 firmware for the PS3 which has a lot of rumors around it including, IN Game XMB and a trophies or awards area for doing certain things within games. I guess similar to what the XBox360 has...

Here is an example of things you have to do in MGS4 to earn certain things...

Secret Weapons
              Bandanna - Complete a single-player session without killing anyone (including bosses). You can do this on any difficulty
              Desert Eagle, Long Barrel - Earn the Fox emblem on a single-player session
              Digital Camera - In the Nomad vehicle during the mission intermission; you can unlock a special photo by picking up this item in stage 4 instead of earlier
              Patriot Future Assault Weapon - Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session
              Race (Ricochet) Gun - Clear the single-player game once
              Rail Gun - Beat Crying Wolf
              Scanning Plug S - Log more than 10 hours of Metal Gear Online play time on the same profile as your Metal Gear 4 game. You purchase this from Drebin
              Solar Gun - Collect the five statues (those of the four Battle Beauties and the Frog Soldier/Haven Troopers in stage 1) using non-lethal means on their respective idols
              Stealth Item - Complete a single-player session without instigating a single alert (caution is okay, but not alert). You can do this on any difficulty
              Thor 45-70 - Earn the Fox Hound emblem on a single-player session
              World War I Pistol - Earn the Hound emblem on a single-player session

There is a lot more and you can take a look at what you have to do to earn the emblems over at Gamespot (if they ever stop having problems) or at this site.

Hope that helped...
              Last edited by Quest Shady; 06-24-2008, 07:14 AM. Reason: Cause I are smart..

Comment

Just beat the single player today. My favorite game in the series since MGS1, easily.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Yah theres a bunch of awards to get by completing the game a certain way and it keeps track of it all. I started playing the game as a run and gun game and didn't enjoy it. As soon as I started using the tranquilizer I had a lot more fun.

I think I should play it more run and gun the second time around :)

Also online is hard to play unless you really get single player :) Also rack up the sensitivity, there's almost no stealth online so you'll need to run and gun easilly :)

Comment

i agree with you quest shady! the game is pretty cool!! the graphic, game play and the story!
                    all rocks on! a great game!!

Comment

Just finished it last night and...woah...

Technically faultless. From graphics to sound it's perfect, and like all MGS' the music punctuates everything with...perfection. The story is complicated, especially if you haven't played the previous ones I imagine, but it's complexity doesn't stand in it's way of being excellent, if you have an attention span that isn't the same as a goldfish.

The references to previous games all those years back is what makes this game so special. First-time MGS players will think, "WOAH, that's awesome." People who've played all of them from the original will think the same, but it'll all have a deeper meaning...SPOILER ALERT - GO TO NEXT PARAGRAPH...Going back to Shadow Moses, I still remember that Helipad with the searchlight vividly.

Gameplay surpasses all others. The first MGS was probably the best (especially considering the time)...before this came along.

SPOILER ALERT - SKIP PARAGRAPH
                      The tracking of Naomi, piloting a Metal Gear, following that rebel through the night, shooting through crowds of soldiers and Gekkos on a bike and on top of an APC. And don't forget the amazing boss fights, the appearance of Psycho Mantis "NO RUMBLEPAD!?!?!" and just all those times in between of pure genius gameplay, mixing stealth and war.

Amazing game, tied up every lose string (pretty much) in terms of story, so I'm guessing no more MGS', which saddens me...there's almost no point playing any other game because it seems unbeatably good.
                      Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                        Amazing game, tied up every lose string (pretty much) in terms of story, so I'm guessing no more MGS', which saddens me...there's almost no point playing any other game because it seems unbeatably good.
                        http://kotaku.com/5052136/konami-reg...olid-existence

;)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                        The BigC

Comment

...Just as I was figuring out how to hang myself...now I have a reason to live on.

In all seriousness I doubt Hideo Kojima will be making this one since he pretty much said "I won't be making any more MGS'" so I'm doing my best not get overexcited about this.

Problem is, since my first MGS game, I've eagerly awaited all MGS games after that in an almost insane way. Watching trailers, interviews...I remember watching the 1st ever MGS4 teaser, starting off as an FPS...feels like years ago...in fact it might have been, I seriously don't remember. I was so excited by that. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. Ever since that day I'd been anticipating MGS4.

P.S. That picture is so rad.
                          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

My only beef with this game was the overly long cut scenes and the cool **** that went on in them. Why can't I use a Katana to slice up Gekkos? I feel left out.

Comment

I dont see why so many people are complaining about the cutscene.
                              I didnt find them long to be honest. I enjoyed every single one of them.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                              The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X