Controller for FPS games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller for FPS games?

OK, I like the Sixaxis for most games except for FPS type games. Of course these are the games I love and I have recently downloaded and been playing Battlefield Bad Company, I can't control my aim or kill anything. So I was browsing around and came across this controller and was wonder if anybody has tried this? http://www.amazon.com/SplitFish-Game...3809219&sr=1-1

Most reviews seem pretty decent but I want more info, be nice if I could actually try it out before buying.
    If anyone has let me know what your opinion is of it cause i was considering on getting it but jeez, the price!!!!

Re: Controller for FPS games?

DualShock 3 is out now as well.

Comment

I have the FragFX. If you are a PC gamer taking the plunge into console FPS's, this thing is a godsend. It will pretty much duplicate the PC mouse experience, it's programmable (except for the thumbpad buttons), and you can adjust the pressure sensitivity of each button. It feels just a bit flimsy but mine has survived a couple of drops onto a hardwood floor with no damage.

So far I've played Resistance, Call of Duty 4, Comdemned 2, and a slew of older PS2 titles like SOCOM using the FragFX, and it worked great on all of them. I highly recommend it for people like me who are primarily PC gamers and are not gamepad natives.

Couple of hints: first of all, upgrade to the newest firmware immediately, it fixes some glaring issues. Secondly, if your game has options to set the stick sensitivity, crank 'em up all the way and use the dial on the FragFX to adjust sensitivity instead. This is important, otherwise your mouse might feel sluggish and laggy. Lastly, if the FragFX buttons aren't responding as you would expect, try adjusting the pressure sensitivity using the utility (you can download it from the SplitFish website). I had a few issues with SOCOM until I dialed that in.

My only dislike is that the programming utility and the firmware updates have to be run from a PC, making it inconvenient to change button layouts for different games. There's also no way to save different layouts - you have to program from scratch each time you make a change. But I've found that my "default" button layout is acceptable for most games and I no longer change it much.

I think you'll like it.
      [volun]

Comment

I also read the programming utility right now only works with XP, that is a draw back since I am on Vista. I am just wondering how it will be for flying the heli in Battlefield Bad Company? I do like the SIXAXIS controller for flying, I have seen so many jump in a heli and crash instantly but I got the hang of flying the heli right of the bat. Battlefied Bad Company is the main reason why I am really considering on different controllers though, I suck at aiming with the SIXAXIS controller. I mainly snipe when not being support, support role is when I plan on flying for repairs but sniping is so difficult for me with the standard controller. For that matter with the SAW I can't hit nothing either right in front me.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely sweet talk the wife into letting me get the FragFX, mic, and Battlefield Bad Company, lol.

Comment

I can't aim worth a damn with the sticks, either. I probably could get better but it would be a long, frustrating chore (especially when playing online with 14 yr. old kids who grew up with gamepads in their mitts).

The FragFX will improve your aim tremendously if you're used to mouse aiming - in fact, some will say it's cheating. I say baloney - it's an alternative controller, nothing more. The FragFX is worth the $$$ for folks like us. I think I'd quit playing FPS's on my PS3 if it didn't exist. Good luck on getting your purchases approved by the "finance committee," as I like to say. :)
          [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X