Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What demos or download games you playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What demos or download games you playing?

So I just downloaded...

PAIN and Grip Shift from the PlayStation Store...

PAIN is fun...mindless game of launching people from a catapult and seeing how much damage you can do... Few different scenarios such as mime toss and spanking monkey... Just loaded it the other day and it was fun will have to put some more time into it to get the feel...

GripShift is a small driving/stunt racing game... I have tried it a bit and it is fun for short bursts of mindless fun.

Both were cheap downloads when you don't have the $60 for your next top of the line game!

I also started a few demo downloads...

1) To check Out the game for possible purchase.
    2) To see the game graphics...
    3) And compare the play/look against my Wii games.

I know graphically the PS3 would win hands down but still wanted to see the difference and get the feel of play.

DEMOS I have downloaded:

Simpson's (Have it on Wii as well)
    Lemings
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Have on Wii)
    Go Sudoku
    NBA Live 08 (Have on Wii)
    Folklore
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
    Devil May Cry 4
    Overlord Raising Hell
    Haze
    Grid
    The Bourne Supremacy

Will have to play some more and give you updates on what I think....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: What demos or download games you playing?

Well lately since the release of the demo I been playing the hell out of Battlefield Bad Company. I believe I am going to sweet talk the wife into letting me pre order this game or at least buy it later down the road.
    I see a few flaws with the PS3 version of BF:BC but nothing really major. What I hate the most is not being allowed to select servers, it automatically selects the best one apparently but most of the time the server it selects for me is almost dead. So I justr exit game and reconnect till I get a server with a few players in it.
    I still am having a time using the controller, wish somebody would come out with a gaming keypad and mouse combo for the PS3 I do however love the SIXAXIS controller for flying the heli in the demo.
    I also need to get me a microphone, hard to get any teamwork going with no microphone.
    The teamkilling... guess people figure it is the demo they don't really care, guess they don't know if they get the full version those stats carry over along with the 2 unlocks you get in the demo as well.

Right now that is what I am in to. Next week I may have changed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
      I still am having a time using the controller, wish somebody would come out with a gaming keypad and mouse combo for the PS3 I do however love the SIXAXIS controller for flying the heli in the demo.
      I also need to get me a microphone, hard to get any teamwork going with no microphone.
      I know what you mean about converting from Keyboard/Mouse to controller for those FPS. I so enjoy using my mouse twitching abilities to shoot then the thumb controller.

I have found this which may work but I have not tried it... Playstation 3 XFPS Rate Up Keyboard/Mouse Adapter

You can see a version HERE

I have heard there is another version out there but not sure of either of them. If they work it would be most fun.

I also found this You Tube Video of someone using a PS2 SmartJoy Frag with some converter to work on the PS3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKwDUhtVqbU

I also need to get a Blue Tooth Headset and Mic for the PS3. It will come in useful for Metal Gear Solid 4....
      Last edited by Quest Shady; 06-21-2008, 08:56 AM. Reason: Added Smart Joy Frag

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
        DEMOS I have downloaded:

Simpson's (Have it on Wii as well)
        Lemings
        Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Have on Wii)
        NBA Live 08 (Have on Wii)
        Folklore
        Devil May Cry 4
        I haven't seen these demos in the playstation store. Where did you download them from?
        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

I will have to look again....it was in the Playstation Store... under demos and maybe I searched by year.

I just kept roving till I found something and started to download away!!!!

I will be more specific once I hop on the PS3 again and look around.

Comment

OK looking around those demos I mentioned are in the Play Station store. Once you open up the store and click on demos then go all the way to the right where it says "View All A-Z".

There you can just whiz through each of the alphabetical sections and find some demos that are not on the main page.

Have fun...

Comment

Awesome...thanks a bunch!!!

Comment

Demos
                EA NCAA Football 09 - I like it, but I dont know how much of a step up it is from 08. This used to be a day one pick up for me every year until 05, where the game was so bad I swore it off until they proved to do it right. I caved in last year, but once again there were just enough problems, even ones from years back, that I never fully got into it like I once did. Will wait and see how the community takes to it.

EA NHL Hockey 08 - Really enjoyed the demo, but after reading the impressions on Opertation Sports (essentially the Tactical Gamer of sports games though not as well run) I decided to hold off on the purchase since there were just enough problems to spoil the game (No individual sliders for Human/CPU, either too hard or too easy, etc.).

FIFA 08 - pretty much the same as NHL 08

Bad Company - Dont like this very much. The controls are very loose. Even after adjusting the slider it still didn't feel right. Maybe its because Im used to MGS4 but right now this is not a purchase. I might pick it up down the road but right now its a no buy for me.

MLB: the Show - Best baseball game out there. Picked up Rock Band instead, however. Might buy this later in the season though I still prefer Baseball Stars 2 on NES for my baseball fix.

Fatal Inertia - Never played the original, but this is pretty neat. Could be a fun party game where you can just mess around with friends.

Burnout Paradise - not a huge race fan and like MLB: The Show there were other purchases I have on my list
                Grid (still downloading)

PSN Games
                PixelJunk Racers - Not what I thought it was going to be.
                Calling All Cars - Solid party game
                Flow - A simple game that looks amazing.
                Everyday Shooter - Interesting art stylr and the music is good. Challenging too.

Comment

Awesome,,,thanks to you I found a crap load more demos. Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword, Kane and Lynch. YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rali3gH View Post
                    Awesome,,,thanks to you I found a crap load more demos. Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword, Kane and Lynch. YOU ROCK!!!!!!
                    I rented Kane and Lynch from Blockbuster and had it done within the time frame...so within the week...

Pretty good game but the ending disappointed me...LOL! I felt let down for all the work...

So rent and play it through so you don't have to pay the big $$$...

Comment

I downloaded Wild Arms, the old PS1 game. It's a blast, well worth the six dollars.

Comment

Super Star Dust HD - Amazing HD 1080p graphics, with a familiar arcade feel but original gameplay :)

Calling All Cars - Party game, not too much fun by yourself

Pixel Junk Monsters - If you've ever played any kind of tower defense game you know how great this game is. It's very challenging so if you like challenging puzzle like games, this is a must have.

Pixel Junk Eden - Awesome platformer game. Simple enough premise but complex to master. Very fun game indeed.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed - Never played the original but it's plain to see the game pays more than it's wealth of homage to the original. Demanding sometimes but fun. Each boss is a puzzle in itself. Easily worth the money.

The Last Guy - Not a bad game. Played the demo, still kinda on the fence about it thought to be honest.

Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty - Supper short game but all the same Ratchet and Clank game play (well minus clank). I'd recommend this if you're a Ratchet and Clank fan, otherwise go buy Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction.

Comment

I just got in the Home beta, so I've been toying with that a little bit. It's not bad, but the load times could certainly stand for some improvement.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                            I just got in the Home beta, so I've been toying with that a little bit. It's not bad, but the load times could certainly stand for some improvement.
                            Gosh, you're so lucky! (so envious!)

Comment

Only Demo's I've d/l's thus far is TigerWoods 09 and Madden. I've never played any football game before (I know, me and the lost tribes of the Amazon are the last ones) so I found the controls difficult and ultimately frustrating.

Currently I borrowed a copy of Burnout Paradise from a friend and having a blast wrecking minivans off the road :)
                              "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                              EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                              PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...