Battlefield: Bad Company.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Bad Company.

I got B-BC today and got it installed, if anyone else out there wants to play add me to your friends list.

PSN Name- TF21xSnowman.

I just bought my PS3 Friday, and have not got the time to go back and get a headset for it.(thought one of mine I had would work).

Aiming to go back sometime these week and pick one up and also grab the Intercooler package for it.

Snowman out

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company.

Sounds good man....

I need to get that game....I only have the demo for that game as of yet...

How is the full version?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Good.

Was hoping to get gold Editon but Bestbuy did not have any of them.

Snowman out

Comment

I am wanting to get gold edition as well but not sure I will. Getting the unlocks myself is all part of the fun. Not really sure when I will be able to get BF:BC anyway, spent a little more than I wanted to yesterday foolishly, got new work boots instead.

Comment

Thought I would just add I went out and got the Gold Edition last night. Although I must have been reading wrong or something went haywire with EA cause I did not have any of the unlocks that I thought I was supposed to have from the demo.
          I will say one thing, the maps are huge, plenty of room for a recon to do some sneaking around and popping a few enemies as you go. The map in the demo is good but after getting the full game and seeing some of the wooded areas of the other maps makes the game great. Definitely glad I bought it. Oh, according to my account I have destroyed 308 trees so far, lol. I think that is funny they also keep track of how many trees you fell. Each map also takes a little getting use to, sort of a different gameplay has to be applied in my opinion. Can't go rushing right in. Still wish I could get a mic so I can better communicate for some teamwork but for the most part all goes pretty decently on that...FOR NOW.

Comment

Is the humor that's present in the trailers pretty constant throughout the game?

'cause if the game is as funny as it looks, I might have to buy it. Not much for shooters on the console in general because I'd rather play them on PC, but a good SP experience is enough for me.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I have only played a little bit of the SP part of the game. What I have played has very little humor so far. I still want a better controller for but for the most part I find it a little more challenging using the SIXAXIS controller to play.

Comment

I am playing some here and there, add me to your PSN network and I well try and hook up with you.

I bought a USB mic for the PS3, but could not get it to work, so going to do some more looking around and see if I can find one that well work with it.

I work long hours at the moment, so I am on more on weekend that during the week, plus I play Project Reality for BF2 on PC, and starting to play some WIC with some clanmates.

Snowman out

Comment

Well, I have noticed one thing EA really screwed up on.... not being able to use a mic.
                  I tried my wifes bluetooth headset for her phone and I can get it to work with Motorstorm(only other online game I have at the moment) but can not get it to work with BF:BC. Thought it was her headset so went and got me a new bluetooth headset and the same thing. So I got on the internet and righton BF:BC's web site they acknowledge the problems a lot of people are having with headsets and lag/freezing up issues while using a mic.
                  I also went over to the playstation orums and the same thing except they claim a lot of people are having issues with both the bluetooth and USB headsets. As a person said on the PS forums, "just cause EA knows there is a problem does not mean they will fix it". I sure hope they do and also do some other tweaking around as well. Such as maybe allowing people to join certain servers, be nice if a clan could stick together to play. Also one other thing I was thinking about was to be able to join the team you want instead of an auto assign.
                  Guess I played to much of the PC versions of all the BF series and expect to much from the PS3 version but you would think that EA would have known these things?!?! COMMON SENSE EA, wonder if they ever heard of it? One thing is for sure, BF:BC is keeping with the rest of the series, patches to fix all the stuff that needed to be taken care of before it was released. I mean they already announced that they are planning a patch to ADD the conquest mode, so I imagine and HOPE like heck that the new patch whenever it may get released takes care of the mic and lag/freezing issues.
                  Still a good game to play I just get so frustrated knowing I can not use my mic 90% of the time cause it won't work or it causes severe lag/freezing.

Guess I will take the new bluetooth back and get my money back(if I can). I seen also that Sony is releasing a new bluetooth mic on Sept. 30th for those that may be interested. I am thinking of preordering it. My wifes bluetooth headset has no mute on it but the Sony one will, it actually a nice looking simple headset. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-98065-Pla...5115960&sr=8-6

Oh, I did contact EA about the demo unlocks and they said that they DO NOT CARRY OVER to the full game. For any that might have thought as I did. Anyway, I got all but 1 of the five of five or whatever it is called, I can't get the special sniper rifle cause I did not pre-oreder it. At the moment I have most unlocks already, kinda sucks that I have most the weapons already!

Comment

I've played pretty far into the single player. It sucks. It's repetitive and the enemy AI magically knows where you without even seeing you. Doesn't use destructability at all (save for tanks shooting at you). Even your teammates suffer from dumb AI. Overall the story sounds like B material at best, the jokes while funny are few and far between or playing it safe. The motion capture is amazing. A lot of great physical comedy comes from when the camera is taken out of your hands (you can still wiggle the camera a bit :)).

Sticking yourself with needles is annoying. You find yourself sticking yourself every 10 seconds. Some of the mission objectives are just plain stupid, having to fight a helicopter with nothing. Cover get's blown up around you and you can't do anything but run and stick yourself with a needle.

Overall the single player is crap except for the cinematics. Those offer some great comedy both said and physical. The rest of the game just isn't up to par. Multiplayer is a blast though :)

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                      Oh, I did contact EA about the demo unlocks and they said that they DO NOT CARRY OVER to the full game. For any that might have thought as I did. Anyway, I got all but 1 of the five of five or whatever it is called, I can't get the special sniper rifle cause I did not pre-oreder it. At the moment I have most unlocks already, kinda sucks that I have most the weapons already!
                      HMMM That is weird because I was just playing the Demo last night and during the "wait periods" it does say that the unlocked weapons can be converted over to the main game.

I will have to double check that today! I am still having a hard time playing these FPS with the controller VS my ever trusty Keyboard/Mouse. Maybe I will get that converter system so that I can use them again....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

The only one that carried over was the unlock you are supposed to get for playing the demo, can't remember what one it is, think it was the special forces weapon. I have all my unlocks now except for the sniper rifle you could get if you pre ordered the game, guess I will never get that one.

Also, maybe the reason why I did not get the unlocks I had in the demo unlocked in the full game was cause I was stupid and delelted the demo before installing the full game but you would think EA would have had that on record so I could have got them.

Comment

So do you like your new BattleField game?
                          Everything I've been hearing about it is, that it is disappointing and lame. And That BattleField 2 is alot better.
                          Look under your chair!

Comment

Well, it has it goods and the bads. I do like it but then I don't cause of a few things I think they should have added.
                            In the PS3 version the lack of communication has me upset, hopefully a new patch will help that out though. I wished they would have included a commander so the commander could keep squads organized a little instead of each person or squad running around with no idea what to do. Would like to see some jets added(maybe that will be in conquest), the maps are big in the Gold Rush but they only get unlocked to a bigger area as the crates are destroyed. So with this game mode it is impossible to have room enough to have jets, you would be out of bounds in no time at all. In a Conquest mode all should be unlocked already and have plenty of room or maybe even some newer maps that would lets jets fly more freely, that would be really nice.
                            If you like the arcade feel, then the game is great to play and have fun with but for a tactical game where strategy would be nice this definitely has none. Oh, this last thing I hate about the game right now is that if you didn't pre order the game then you CAN'T get the pre order sniper rifle at all unless someone gives you a good working code. With what I have been reading a lot of those codes are also not working either. I think EA should make the pre order sniper rifle unlockable if a certain goal is reached, let's say a gold recon badge...HINT, HINT if there any EA people that may read this, lol.

I would say to at least download the demo and see what you think about it, the demo will let you play enough to let you know what the game is about. Others may have completely different thoughts about the game than I do. As I said, I do like it but a little disappointed as well.

Comment

Basically it's way better than BF2, no stupid glitches. Everything looks pretty. The only thing is it's obviously consolized.

If they brought it over to the PC a lot of things would change. But basically all the improvements have been for the better :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X