E3: Massive Action Game 256 Players!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3: Massive Action Game 256 Players!

Sony just announced a tactical 256 player online game. I watched the trailer and It was really cool, but we'll see how tactical this really becomes.

Sony saved the final announcement of its E3 keynote for a concept using the placehold title of "MAG: Massive Action Game," Unveiled by Andy Beaudoin from Zipper Interactive, MAG — whose trailer looked like "SOCOM set 15 years into the future," according to our eyes on the scene, will immerse players in large online battles of up to 256 players. The trailer featured multiple terrain types, complex tactics, and sounds very much like a SOCOM MMO at this stage.

Character growth will be accomplished through an advancement tree, which allows players to fine tune their players throughout massive campaigns. "MAG will deliver an intense and long lasting shooter experience," said Beaudoin, who also described the game as "a workout even for the PS3 architecture."
    -Kotaku

Some things that kotaku didn't mention is that your divided up into squads of 8 and your commanded by more experienced players allowing for a more immerse play.

Re: E3: Massive Action Game 256 Players!

Was all CG so we'll probably be lucky to even see it in 2009.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Re: E3: Massive Action Game 256 Players!

Just wondering but even when this comes out and people all buy the game. People probably can't run their own servers. We'll probably all have to use Sony's own servers (not a bad thing necessarily) but then this'll probably be like an MMO. I really do hope that it plays out like one.

I don't want 256 people running and shooting at each other all at once. It sounds fun but playing as the individual sucks. It's like playing WW2 as the first NPC to die in any COD game.

This would be quite cool though to play with one another. Sign onto one server and join the TG squad :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X