Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOCOM: Confrontation, the latest and greatest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCOM: Confrontation, the latest and greatest!

Heya TGites! Just thought I'd drop you all a line to give you a bit of info on the latest installment of, what some say, is the greatest tactical Third-Person Shooter to ever hit the PlayStation console!

SOCOM: Confrontation features online-exclusive play for up to 32 players and some of the world's greatest special forces like the U.S. Navy SEALs, the British SAS and the German KSK, among others. The game will also feature full clan support (*cough* TG ;) *cough*) as well as full-fledged ladder competition.

It comes out October 14th in the flavours:
    PSN Downloadable version for $39.99
    Disc version for $39.99
    Disc with bundled Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset for $59.99

Also, if you live in the United States or Canada and pre-order from GameStop or EBGames you get a voucher to play a beta/demo from Sept. 1 to Sept. 30! Each voucher gives you one beta code for yourself and you can share it with 2 friends! And, seeing as how all my friends are way too cheap to buy PS3s, I'll have 2 beta codes to give away! If you want one, shoot me a PM and when the codes are e-mailed to me, I'd be more than happy to give you one!

And my PSN is Adombom, feel free to add away!

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

Re: SOCOM: Confrontation, the latest and greatest!

Oh we should so make a clan! I'd love to play with the likes of you guys :)

Comment

The beta went live last night.

So far I'm really enjoying it. By far the best console shooter I've ever played.

Comment

How do you get into the beta? Preorder?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
          How do you get into the beta? Preorder?

yeah, at gamestop.
          without the mic it cost like $45.

Comment

I don't need a crappy mic, I got my crappy mic with Warhawk and it was a waste of money then :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
              I don't need a crappy mic, I got my crappy mic with Warhawk and it was a waste of money then :P
              I think this is going to be a great mic, Sony is making a special blur tooth wireless mic that will sell for $80 -$90 and you get that mic with socom and the game for $59. I'm still using a ps2 mic right now so I can't pass up getting the game and mic combo.
              I will post a review on here of the mic when I get it next month and let you all know my opinion on it.

As for the socom beta, I think its great , Hands down the best third person tactical shooter on consoles. Send me a add if you want to team up my ps3 tag is DESODE I'll be sporting the TG tag in this game for sure. I play a lot during the week nights and some on the weekends. When Nov comes around I'll be done with work till next spring and will be on full time. I recommend to anyone who likes tactical shooters, Check out Socom confrontation !
              TG Forever, Desode
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Well I decided to reserve the mic one. They told me about how nice it was (dang you gamestop) and I caved. I haven't gotten my e-mail yet and I'm a little angry at not getting expedited.

Comment

I got the Beta also. I'll be under my usual "Elwenil" name. Has anyone set up a TG clan yet?

Comment

I haven't gotten my e-mail in fact I've e-mailed support and they told me to just wait, it's been over a week and I'm pretty pissed, I wouldn't have bought a preorder without the promise of the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                      I got the Beta also. I'll be under my usual "Elwenil" name. Has anyone set up a TG clan yet?
                      Yeah I set one up but I haven't got any TG players in it yet. Send me a add "DESODE"
                      and I'll send you a clan invite. I think this is going to be a great clan game.
                      DESODE
                      Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Im In

Skyyz0

No bluetooth headphone yet...shame.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                        The BigC

Comment

Ok, wow, I should really keep much better track of where I post, I kinda forgot I had one here! Glad to see you guys have taken an interest! I'll be sure to add you guys to my PSN friends list when I get on with the chillens go to bed! I made a clan for myself, just to try the SF-specific weapons (KSK gets UMP, SEALs get the SCAR) but I'd be more than happy to rep TH. I have a few codes left, so if there's any TGers looking to try it out, here's you chance, send me a PM (of course if I forget again, well, it's probably better for you to send me an e-mail)! It's free, and I love free, so I think you guys might, too! I've been sitting on them for awhile and I don't want to give 'em to just some randoms. Note that I don't think of TGites as randoms! :P Anyway, hope to see you guys on Crossroads, and if you're wondering, you can usually find me in any of the US EAST channels on the 8vs8 Elimination (Ranked) games!

Comment

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. I still have two SOCOM beta keys available if you don't have one yet. The beta ends on the 5th, so there's not much time!

Comment

Hey guys.
                              I'm very impressed by SOCOM. I didn't think it would be up to TGs standards :P
                              Well, obviously it is. If there ever is a TG section made for SOCOM, I'm interested.

As for the beta keys, lucky... :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X