Wipeout hd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipeout hd

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that if you like racing games then you need to check out wipeout hd. I personally think it is one of the best arcade racers I have played in a long time. The game is really big also and I have been playing it for 2 days now and haven't even dented it ! Throw in 8 player online with a great online interface and this game is one of the best values out there for $20. I would have payed $60 for it and would have had no complaints at all. The graphics are great and the frame rate is as smooth as butter at 60 frames per second. Check it out if you like fast arcade racers because I give this one a 9.5 and I almost never give a game that good of a score.
    DESODE
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Re: Wipeout hd

I have it but free time to play it has been slim so far. Looked ace from what I've played.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Is there a demo?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        Is there a demo?
        No there isn't a demo yet, but I hope they put one up soon so people can see how great this wipeout is. DESODE
        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Wipeout is amazing. I don't think they will bother with a demo, it's one of those games that Sony know people will buy, regardless. Trust me, this is a must have for any PS3.

Comment

I'll be getting it this weekend. I've had every previous WipeOut game for the PS there is! Love them all!
            "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
            EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
            PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Originally posted by Harpo245 View Post
              Wipeout is amazing. I don't think they will bother with a demo, it's one of those games that Sony know people will buy, regardless. Trust me, this is a must have for any PS3.
              Really? I've never heard of it before this...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ran a few basic single races this weekend. Boy do I need to get back into the swing of this game! If anyone is into it, let me know your PSName, so we can share race records.

PSNAME: Trickyterp
                "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

It's a bit hard at first. I say just keep chugging away and pick a vehicle that's best for you. I'm loving Mirage :)

Comment

Yeah it has a little bit of a learning curve at first but once you get it down its sweet.
                    DESODE
                    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Assegai for me! Great balance; handling and speed are good, but shield is the lesser feature of it.

Used to race Triakis, but it's like chugging an oil tanker around a corner :P

Comment

Assegai I wipe out too much (lol no pun intended). I find with too much control I'm crashing into walls far too often.

True with Mirage some turns I can't take especially at higher speeds but those are fewer. And you can't slow down, this is a game that's meant for your button to stay on the acceleration. If you slow down your engine turns off, no joke, you can hear the cracking sound of the engine starting up.

So far I've unlocked all 3 skins for Mirage, got the flatland flyer achievement, and the 99 rounds. (got them all in one go *hint hint*)

Comment

Lol, heard a way of getting the 99 achievment: Turn on Pilot Assist, and tape a coin to the X button, and leave it foe about an hour or so :)
                          I might stretch into other teams eventually, only tried Assegai and Triakis, I just seem to be winning every race with the Assegai. It's all personal preference... All the TG Wipeout-ers should arrage a Tournament online, could prove to be fun.

Just think of "Zone" online :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X