Dead Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Space

Is anyone getting this/thinking about getting it? I just purchased it last night, and I do think it lives up to the hype.

For those who aren't familiar, it's a Survival-Horror game by EA.

I'd type more details, but I'll leave it to you to google it.

Oh, and the game also comes with two demos on it. BF:BC and Burnout: Paradise.

Re: Dead Space

Rental for me.
    Not the kind of game you want to play twice.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
      Rental for me.
      Not the kind of game you want to play twice.
      Pretty much sums up my feelings for it. Sure it'll be a good game, but I'm not a big enough fan of the genre to want to own it.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Looked at it in the store and passed..gotta save for Farcry 2 and CoD:WaW coming out really soon...

Comment

Im planning to go out and rent if tomorrow after my job actually.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

I picked this game up on Friday and had the chance to play a bit yesterday. I'm hooked. It just makes it more painful that I have such limited game time. :(
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Is it scary?
              Looks pretty intense.
              I gots to save my money for other games.

Comment

**** they where all out at the rental store :(
                I've rented Brother's In Arms; Hells Highway instead.
                Nice game.
                Sux i have to wait another weekend to get my hands on DS.

The BigC

Comment

I own the game and can safely say I enjoy it. Is it scary? Yes a little, more than ever in the middle of the night.

It never relys on cheap tricks though. You're almost always warned of other attacking enemies. Instead there's compromising situations. Out in the vacuum of space? You can't hear a sound and have a limited amount of time, very eerie when you're sluggishly running in your cumbersome space suit with the sound of your exaggerated long drawn breaths growing heavier.

Lisening to audio logs, much like bioshock, as well as video logs is especially scary.

Creepiest moment was entering the infirmary, seeing a bunch of floating babies in their incubation chambers, fighting the diseased alien ones jumping around, hacking off their limbs, curb stomping them when they're down to make sure they don't come back up. Then next two rooms over, finding a list of all the newborns (newborns you're potentially killing).

Overall the creepy moments are never overbearing but definitely encourage me to pace myself. But the main stay of this game is the RPG aspect, the story (although a bit cliche at times), and the overall polish and good gameplay.

The graphics get a 10
                  The gameplay gets a 10
                  And replay value is huge, with the achievements and the variety in gameplay. Not only is the gameplay fun and enjoyable with each gun somewhat different from the next (specifically in shaped damage cones).

Well worth the money, if you have to wait, wait. But don't let this game pass you by. I've easily spent over 20 hours halfway through my first playthrough and I'm most certainly playing it again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X