X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3

So....Anyone get it?

Re: Fallout 3

There's a thread already going on in the RPG forum. The game is similar enough across platforms that I think all Fallout 3 talk can be in that one thread.

And yes, it's awesome.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'll probably pick it up when I get paid. It's very shiny.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

So I'm going to use this to talk about the disadvantages of playing Fallout3 on the PS3 as opposed to PC.

1) There is an annoying bug where the game pauses for a bit anytime a PSN notification pops up. For anything. It's annoying enough that I turn my internet connection off when I'm going to play. However, turning my interent connection off completely removes the problem.

2) Shooters are harder to aim with the sticks. Especially shooters that aren't really shooters. I find it hard most of the time to hit anything consistently when not using VATS. There are several weapons where this is less of an issue though, so it doesn't detract from the overall experience for me.

3) This is minor, but the pip-boy (menu/inventory/etc system) menu isn't as intuitive to navigate as I would like. It's not hard, but I've been playing for 15+ and I still have to stop and think about where/how I want to get to sometimes.

That's really all there is. I'm having a great time, and the game is still loads of fun, so I'd say there isn't really anything that would have me tell you to buy it on PC instead.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I have it and yes I hate that Bug you mentioned Spyder. Seriously I found out what they were trying to achieve. A way to pause the game without throwing you into a pause screen whenever you use the in game overlay with the PS button. However they're not checking if it's just messages. Whether this is the developer's fault or Sony's I don't know.

I'll go ahead and blame Bethseda since they're delivering crap graphics (especially since they're marketed as Super Duper HD Graphics, I kid you not look at the back of your box) clocking in at a wopping 720p maximum. Wooptie-Doo, why not 1080p? >:( Also they left out achievements only for PS3 owners.

The Oblivion engine really shows and that's not a good thing. I don't like the way I interact with everything and it's not a good FPS which is worsened with the crap aiming controls. You really can't play the game as an FPS which is good but I'd like that flexibility, maybe on the PC it's different. I don't like taking a hunting rifle aiming it at someone's torso 20 feet away and missing by a mile. VATS is forgivable, my own aim should be a lot more percise.

I don't like the Pipboy menu system either. the menus are too conveluted and not layed out well enough. Same with the inventory specifically. I want weighted junk items and non weighted junk items seperate. Why? So I know what to dump at my house in Megaton. I found that without all that crap material I don't need with me at all times, I go down from being over 260 pounds to just a meer 91. Take that.

Main characters dying pisses me off especially when they die because of the incompetent pathing AI. Not combat AI but pathing AI. Falling off a roof Lucas Slims met his end. I stole his hat. Never mind I had played a full 8 hours without the realization of which. Everyone just assumed I knew how he died. Why am I turning in quests to his son? Why is everyone acting like he's dead? Oh yes he fell off a roof!

Is it a good game? Yes. Is it Fallout? Not really. It feels like a faithful homage mod we're paying for on the Oblivion engine. The main culprit of the game's shortcomings all point back to the stupid Oblivion engine.

Comment

Friends of mine have said it's a great game, and does everything it promised (and well). But everyone is saying the same thing, it is Fallout 3: Oblivion. I havn't played yet though, as I am still glued to Far Cry 2 :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X