Mirror's Edge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror's Edge

I had great hopes for this title. And now I can finally rest assured after my first play through the demo that has been released on both consoles earlier this week.

This game shines. I really love the controls (even tho they need quite a bit being used to so you can perfectly nail any given trick)

I love the atmosphere. This is the next title I buy. Please EA...its being released next week...don't screw up this game.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Mirror's Edge

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
    I had great hopes for this title. And now I can finally rest assured after my first play through the demo that has been released on both consoles earlier this week.

This game shines. I really love the controls (even tho they need quite a bit being used to so you can perfectly nail any given trick)

I love the atmosphere. This is the next title I buy. Please EA...its being released next week...don't screw up this game.
    How would EA screw up the game thats being released in a week?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy View Post
      How would EA screw up the game thats being released in a week?
      Never underestimate the power EA has to screw up a game before release. NEVER

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Fear not, If they were going to screw it up, they already have. Which probably means it already is ;)

This one is on my buy list, but Fallout 3 has reserved the next hundred hours of my playtime or so, so I won't be getting it on launch.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
          Never underestimate the power EA has to screw up a game before release. NEVER
          They aren't stupid enough to put in verses from the Qur'an in the game or anything. No one is that stupid.

Comment

Plyed the demo alright, is a very interesting and fun game, quite atmospheric. The perspective in the game gives the feeling of speed, and size, which helps when yo're leaping from one building to another. Story isn't to shabby either.

Comment

OK, I'm usually very lenient with EA, but this time they go to far!
              Now you console dwellers can be happy that this is released next week but for us PC folk, its just not fair, they pushed the pc version back 2 MONTHS its release January 6th of 2009. Ive been looking forward to this game since it created, and for DICE to push the PC title back 2 months is a huge middle finger to the PC community IMO, who TBH gave them their big break through the battlefield series. There better by few to no glitches in the PC if they delayed it so long

rant over

But I'm extremely looking forward to this game and have high expectations for it :)

Comment

I've been tracking this game for months! I was a bit disappointed when the demo released was exactly what the game play demonstration released at E3 had showed, but either way, this game still looks sick as hell

Comment

The demo is a blast! Probably the most innovative thing I've played yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cstealth View Post
                    OK, I'm usually very lenient with EA, but this time they go to far!
                    Now you console dwellers can be happy that this is released next week but for us PC folk, its just not fair, they pushed the pc version back 2 MONTHS its release January 6th of 2009. Ive been looking forward to this game since it created, and for DICE to push the PC title back 2 months is a huge middle finger to the PC community IMO, who TBH gave them their big break through the battlefield series. There better by few to no glitches in the PC if they delayed it so long

rant over
                    Its coming out on the PC, which is a lot more then most developers are willing to do. Companies don't care about a "past fanbase", they care about the current/future fanbase which are based of sales trends. Sales trends are in the consoles favour, that is why every game now is developed for the consoles first and then ported to the PC. This way they know the game works and is tested fully for release to the larger buyers market, then when they have the time they port over to the PC.

Comment

Also with consoles, it's set hardware. PC game development sucks in the fact that every hardware manufacture does something different with how their hardware works, interfaces, etc. That also goes double for their drivers. Think how many updates Valve has had on TF2 for the ATI series of cards.

Comment

The demo was a lot of fun. Release date for the PS3 was listed as 11/11/08 so I went out yesterday to pick it up. Luckily, it was only SHIPPED on 11/11 and wouldn't be in the stores until today.

I say "luckily" because it gave me the opportunity to read this review. The review paints the game as VERY short and repetitive. Personally, I want to see some good play time and replay ability in any console game I buy.

In the end, I just did what the article said. I added it to my GameFly queue and plan on renting this one to see if its worth a purchase.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

IGN said the same thing. It's short (~6 hours) and you're doing the same thing over and over. Frankly, this is what I expected. I don't understand what the hype is about this game. You run around doing cool acrobatic things. That was done in Prince of Persia but you also go to kill stuff and do puzzles. Take that away and you have Mirror's Edge. This is definitely a game where one shouldn't go in expecting a really good game. Go in with no expectations (and rent it too) so you won't be disappointed.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I would imagine that a time attack mode, coupled with the various routes available, make the game replayable. I don't know if it's worth the $60.

Comment

1UP said the same thing but they brought up a point. This is a game where your main job is running.

The maps are actually Battlefield sized, in fact I believe they're even bigger. But you are running from point A to point B in the fastest possible manner. And unlike Prince of Persia which had you running back in forth in the same level broken up by puzzles and combat, that's just not here. You are only running from Point A to Point B. You'll never be deviating.

Also take into account that it is 1st person. You'll be seeing a lot more detail than you would in say Prince of Persia which sticks to a 3rd person camera. You're gonna be seeing things up close and personal. True with what Whistler said it's Time Attack mode is what's gonna be giving this game a lot of it's longevity.

That being said you can still play the single player again and again. There is no set course. The game kinda tricks you into this with "Runner Vision" and things automatically being highlighted red, but you can take different courses. The game as a whole is a totally new idea and experiment, I hope EA and Dice capitalizes on the game and makes a ton of DLC.

I'm not gonna probably go out right and buy it but it will be on my christmas list :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X