Resistance 2 (full game.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance 2 (full game.)

Anyone get the full game of Resistance 2? I'm feeling up for a bit of coop when I get home today...

Re: Resistance 2 (full game.)

It's out?
    I thought it wasn't out until late November/early December?

Comment

I have it. I'd love some Co-Op. So far the single player isn't wowing me. It's hard but also at the same time not very imersive or satisfying at least for me.

The story line is non existant a real jaring change from the essence of the first one. The first one had a lack of Nathan Hale talking. Well this one has Hale talking only he's barking random orders like Echo Four Nineteen, whatever the hell that means.

Also it's clearly an action game and while quite a bit of the gunplay is fun, it's just not enough.

AI is weird, at times it's beyond dumb, and other times it surprises you so much it feels like a cheap shot. "I just threw up this Auger Shield so you then decide to run at me?! Not fair!"

Also with only 7 missions it's hardly a story line to tell. Amazing visuals. Some creepy new blood system. Limbs now bleed out so dynamic blood? Weird in contrast to the non bleeding chimera of the first game. Seriously I was hoping for some yellow blood.

Multiplayer is worth it though. Single player feels like a drag compared to the awesomeness that is Fallout 3.

Comment

yeah, the story and characters are lacking, but some of those moments in the single player campaign are intense! The entire level that builds up to the fight with the Godzilla-like Leviathan is pretty sweet, not to mention the fight itself.

The co-op is pretty great too, although it lacks the enormous epic bosses from the single campaign. I played through with a buddy of mine, just the two of us on his PS3, and we found it to be really difficult without all 3 classes.

The 60 man online is surprisingly smooth though. Team Deathmatch, I avoid...(too hectic and unorganized.) The place to be is Skirmish of course. Squad based war with individual objectives to each squad, varying from defending beacons to assassinating a target on the opposing team.

all in all, the game is pretty wicked, if you can overlook the storyline

Comment

Skirmish is genius. It's like Battlefield if the commander was taken over by an AI and issuing orders. Skirmish really makes battles feel like the epic PC battles only on a console, a statement that has been said before but never fully fulfilled.

Right now I'm not enjoying single player at all, although the Chicago level is genius. The storyline just plain sucks, I actually miss the story telling in the first one if you can believe it.

Co-Op is a blast although it just never seems I can play with competant enough people.

If you're Spec-Ops, you throw down all your ammo, Soldiers first then medics second. You unload your clip then go back to throwing ammo. you don't get grenades so using the o button is how you throw it down. You do have secondary fire with your weapon though so it helps :)

If you're a heavy it's your job to be in front and learn to turn on and off your shield a lot. If you're not getting ammo, beg for it on the mic, if you don't receive ammo or don't have a mic, switch classes. Also turn off your shield when another heavy jumps in front, tag teams are the best. Reload when you're on the move too, it sucks when you get 10 shots off and then have to reload.

Medic is the easiest class to play I believe. You don't have to rely on ammo being given, nor reloading. Range is a bit of an issue but that's solved later by an upgrade. I've consitantly been at the top of every scoreboard I've ever played on as medic. If you're not healing people then you're not doing it right. It's R2 and it gives you ridiculous amounts of XP when you use it so use it often but try to build up to your max and never go below 4 unless you have to, like say emergencies.

Seriously helping people gives you more experience than actually killing enemies. Soldiers soak up damage with their shield, Spec-Ops throw down ammo for others and medics heal and revive.

Comment

You calling me incompetent? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
              You calling me incompetent? :)
              No no, you were an awesome heavy :) I was your lonely spec ops keeping you full on ammo though :P

Comment

dude, spec ops are XP machines, with all that infinite ammo. I love it

my only complaint with the game is that guests you play co-op with seem to lose their level each time you reset (or am I just doing something wrong?)

Comment

Originally posted by MisTer Pockets View Post
                  dude, spec ops are XP machines, with all that infinite ammo. I love it

my only complaint with the game is that guests you play co-op with seem to lose their level each time you reset (or am I just doing something wrong?)
                  Guests don't get XP at all. It might track it temporarily but that might only be for the possibility of having two PlayStation accounts played locally tracked at one time.

Also Medics have infinite ammo with their guns which never need to be reloaded. Also they can heal themselves just by firing not to mention when I activate Ring of Life I can jump in front of a horde of enemies and solo the lot.

Comment

ahh, well when I was playing through with my bud, I was the guest, had his name with a (2) and was leveling up...so Im pretty sure they do gain the xp, but only until the session ends

Comment

Oh by the way everyone please under your party's options, please open it up to friends at least! I'd love to just join you guys without having to ask for an invite and I'm tired of waiting for a full minute or so to get a message with "You don't have permission to join that group" It makes things a lot easier and it's a one time change. If you don't like it you can always go back.

Just go to list options under your party, it'll be the default options from then on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X