Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lord of the Rings Conquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lord of the Rings Conquest

    Well, I have been complaining for 5yrs now,that there are no multiplayer games with swords bows and magic in a battlefield conquest style game.
    Yesterday,was the day I finally had to shut up and quit bitching.

    Though its not on the large scale I was hoping for(32/64 player) Lord of the rings conquest has blown me away !
    The LOR Demo just came out on the PSN and I'm floored by how great it is. It was made with the Star Wars Battlefront engine so if you liked its gameplay well this needs to be on your list of must haves.

    A important tip for the demo is this , make sure you go to options/display and enable the far camera. That helps a lot.

    Its a really amazing game with a impresive amount of team gameplay. The combination of good team work and many styles of play, makes this game one of the best games on the horizon. Having a wizard with a globe shield while moving your team forward is great. The archer class is amazing and the knights and scouts are great too. Combine this with being a huge ENT or a Troll or LOR Hero and you have what becomes a HUGE refreshing change on multiplayer team gameplay.

    The Demo gives you both SP and MP and the 2 MP maps are very good.
    I was glad to see that the game uses real servers and I have played it for almost 5hrs and never had one single experience of lag. It ran as smooth as butter for me. The maps are a great size for the 16 players and the action has a great pace to it. In the conquest mode depending on what spawn you pick you can work your way into the battle or spawn in the thick of it.

    To rap this all up. I implore you all to try this game. I was very impressed with it. Its now on the top of my list of games to get. It has a lot to offer for just a demo so I can't wait for the full game. There are tons of ways to play for different styles and team work is highlighted is a great way. It took me about 1hr to really get a grasp on everything, and the more I play it the more I love it.

    I hope you all check it out ,its a great change of pace from the gun shooting multiplayer games that world is flooded with right now.
    Thanks for your Time and consideration, DESODE
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

  • #2
    Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

    It's a really fun game although I've noticed some fairly large imbalances which I really hope get fixed in the full version. Mainly the fact I can keep running away from a warrior trying to kill me as an archer/mage until I can finally kill him off, also how the trolls/ents can endlessly heal themselves with no cool down timer on it.

    Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

      Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
      It's a really fun game although I've noticed some fairly large imbalances which I really hope get fixed in the full version. Mainly the fact I can keep running away from a warrior trying to kill me as an archer/mage until I can finally kill him off, also how the trolls/ents can endlessly heal themselves with no cool down timer on it.
      All you have to do is pull out a throwing axe and that will kill them. Also use your flaming sword dash.
      Desode
      Gamertag 360= DESODE

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

        I'm not looking forward to the game. It lacks a lot of polish and quite frankly just doesn't have what Battlefront offered.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

          You've piqued my interest, I may try to get the demo this weekend. What's your PS3 tag Desode? Mine is in my sig.
          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
          PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

            Originally posted by Banyan View Post
            You've piqued my interest, I may try to get the demo this weekend. What's your PS3 tag Desode? Mine is in my sig.
            My ps3 tag is Desode
            Gamertag 360= DESODE

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

              Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
              I'm not looking forward to the game. It lacks a lot of polish and quite frankly just doesn't have what Battlefront offered.
              Wow , well to each their own, I thought the characters had way more balence compared to Battlefront. I'll miss gaming with you sirusblk.
              Take Care , Desode
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

                Originally posted by Desode View Post
                Wow , well to each their own, I thought the characters had way more balence compared to Battlefront. I'll miss gaming with you sirusblk.
                Take Care , Desode
                I'm sorry I didn't meant to come off as rude, I've actually explained my reason on various types of forums already but I'll try to say it here. I guess I'm still on the fence.

                I don't like the controls, the controls aren't very intuitive. The archer has a completely different control scheme than say the soldier type.

                Since everyone is by and large more melee it means survivability is dreadfully low. You get caught in a soldiers combo? You're dead, you're knocked on the ground? You're dead.

                Also walking into a stream means instant death. Not a river, not a large oceanic mass. If I so much as drop my foot into a puddle I'm dead. That's a problem, especially if you have maps with water running in it.

                Don't get me wrong it was fun playing the tutorial and everything, I was getting to grips with it, but once I jumped online I found out I wasn't having much fun at all. Also without that many people the levels seemed a bit bare for having a war raging on. Supplement it with AI partners or something.

                I guess I'm just not excited for a day one release. I'll be waiting for reviews and more to come in. I just wish Pandemic stuck to a longer development cycle and worked on polishing it up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

                  Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                  I'm sorry I didn't meant to come off as rude, I've actually explained my reason on various types of forums already but I'll try to say it here. I guess I'm still on the fence.

                  I don't like the controls, the controls aren't very intuitive. The archer has a completely different control scheme than say the soldier type.

                  Since everyone is by and large more melee it means survivability is dreadfully low. You get caught in a soldiers combo? You're dead, you're knocked on the ground? You're dead.

                  Also walking into a stream means instant death. Not a river, not a large oceanic mass. If I so much as drop my foot into a puddle I'm dead. That's a problem, especially if you have maps with water running in it.

                  Don't get me wrong it was fun playing the tutorial and everything, I was getting to grips with it, but once I jumped online I found out I wasn't having much fun at all. Also without that many people the levels seemed a bit bare for having a war raging on. Supplement it with AI partners or something.

                  I guess I'm just not excited for a day one release. I'll be waiting for reviews and more to come in. I just wish Pandemic stuck to a longer development cycle and worked on polishing it up.
                  Oh no bro, you weren't rude by saying your opinion at all.

                  I agree with you on the water thing,thats my biggest dislike of the game. I will say the game has a learning curve, even more so online. The online is just not really the kind of game you can jump in and just play alone. You just get crushed if you aren't playing with a group of friends. Its almost to the point that I won't play it much if I don't have friends to play it with.

                  The co-op is going to have 150 AI's on the screen at once and I think that will be a sight to see. I can't wait to try it out.

                  Maybe you'll feel different about the multiplayer down the road. I know a lot of my friends didn't like it at first, Heck some of them hated it, but after we all started playing as a group for a couple nights ,they are now hooked so bad that its crazy.

                  This game is all about team strategy and here is what we do:

                  We split up in 2 groups of 4 . 1 wizard 1 scout, 1 soldier and 1 archer.

                  Then you keep the soldier and the archer next to the wizard. The wizard can put up the bubble shield as you move to your objective protecting you all from ranged weapons. The archer can shoot arrows threw the shield and the soldier defends the wizard and the archer from any enemy soldiers that makes it to close. The scout can stay and defend in the shield also, plus he can also go invisible and then leave the shield and scout ahead while your group moves from different objectives on the map. I tell ya if you have two groups of 4 set up doing this, you'll just tear it up.

                  I guess thats what I like about the multiplayer so much. Its a team oriented game like I have never seen in any multipler. Every class has a role in which their weakness is shown if they don't use team work.

                  When playing with a group and using a balence of the charaters you can really just tear it up. All the classes compliment each other so well. Its just a never ending game of intense strategy.

                  I gotta say though that as things sit right now I'm probably going to get it for the 360. Just because on the 360 I can have a private party of 8 in private chat, all jumping from game to game being placed on the same side. I really wish sony would get something like that together for their console. I have even written them letters about it. Of course I'm sure they were just tossed in the trash.

                  One thing is for sure, in my book this game is great playing as a team.
                  Thanks for your time and consideration , DESODE

                  Ps3 Tag=Desode
                  Gamertag 360= DESODE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

                    150 players on screen would be amazing no doubt, I hadn't heard about that.

                    I will give it to you that it does have a huge learning curve online, and given the fact that I'm lucky to catch one or two of you in game with Resistance 2, it's a hard thing to come by.

                    I might pick it up, again for me it's probably gonna boil down to the single player with the multiplayer being pure gravy.

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X