Couple of Questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions.

I live within 20 miles of the Southern most part of the Texas, Mexico border.
    It get's hot here an idea is 98-100*F with 100% humidity in the summer. I do use A/C in the summers.
    Winters as of late have been somewhat depressing and been more like spring. With temperatures ranging from 39-86*F, wierd!

Now with the massive amounts of power the PS3 uses. It does get somewhat hot in the area I have it in. So I have cut into the backing of my entertainment center to allow air flow.
    I also purchased a third party cooler to attach on the back. But the freaking thing is so loud!
    Do I really need this now or at all?

Also, will the PS3 support mouse and KB for games? I am getting a little fustrated with the controller?

Re: Couple of Questions.

The extra cooling couldn't hurt. When I tried playing GTA4 in the summer, my PS3 was spinning those fans on high all the time. I decided to stop playing in case it overheated.

If the game supports KB/mouse, then you can use it. I don't know of many games that allow it though. UT3 is all I know that allows KB/mouse and has server filters for KB/mouse only or controller only.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yah I think Sarc is right, it's really up to the game to decide whether to allow it, any USB operated one will work.

Comment

Like all systems this complex, a little airflow wouldn't hurt. However, the guys in JPN sure do know how to build solid HW...

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
          Like all systems this complex, a little airflow wouldn't hurt. However, the guys in JPN sure do know how to build solid HW...

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975
          Nice!

I have had no problems living in Humid and Hot Florida! I had my PS3 on almost all the time working the [email protected] app. My "Man Cave" usually stays pretty warm and I have had no problems as of yet.

I would make sure the airflow around the front and back is clear and worse comes to worse just put a small personal fan blowing across it.

XBOX360 is an entirely different story...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

My main issue is dust, there's not a whole lot of ventilation, and when I opened the console up to swap hard drives there was a ton of dust. It runs right on the carpet floor, with no open windows or ventilation with a cat in the mix and still it runs wonders. I've had issues with it but nothing near the woes of the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
              Also, will the PS3 support mouse and KB for games? I am getting a little fustrated with the controller?
              The controller is small and doesn't fit my big hands very well. I do like the 360 Controllers for their size. However, the 360 do not come with chargers and you have to use batteries so that is a bonus with the PS3 controllers.

The PS3 does support keyboard and mouse with no problems. But for games the only one I know that is built to be able to use the Mouse and Keyboard is UT3.

Now there is 3rd party tools you can use to remap a controller on to a mouse and keyboard...

"The XFPS Rateup for PS3 is an adapter that lets you plug in a mouse and keyboard and remaps the Dual Shock 3 / Six Axis buttons so you can go all keyboard mouse."

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_82kblhdy35_b

Haven't tried one myself but have thought about it...I love the consoles for gaming but miss my Mouse and Keyboard for control and accuracy!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X