Mgs5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mgs5?

That's right, you heard me. The sequel to the best game ever (THAT'S RIGHT, THE BEST GAME EVER!!!) could be announced in 75 hours and 42 minutes from now.

There have been hints dropped, but this is the biggest so far, and confirms it for me (and yes, I will feel like a dumbass if it isn't true)

A teaser site for something from Kojima Productions was activated today:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

While you wait I'll tell you that it's not much, but watch for at least roughly 20 seconds or so after it loads and just pay attention.

It's not a big thing, but I don't want to spoil it.

I very much doubt that they're leading us on to believe that it will be MGS5, and creating such anticipation, only for them to reveal it's some crappy game no-one cares about. Starting the hype machine early for such a big release makes sense, and this looks like a crazy marketing scheme that Hideo Kojima would think up.

Found out about the site here:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6209625.html

And Kojima already hinted at another MGS at GDC 2009:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6206727....slist;title;29

you know i do see snake in the clouds variably but i think the game might have something to do with raiden. Kojima always hides puzzles in these teasers and in the end u usually think "wow, why didn't i understand it, the answer was right in front of me." well i think the answer that is right in front of you could be the stormy scene in the picture. as i recall raiden means storm/lighting in the Japanese language. considering raiden made comments about lightning and storms in a reflective manner in mgs4 it wouldn't surprise me if this were significant evidence as to the plot or main character of this new game. or, maybe I'm just over thinking it and the game will be a brand new kojima approach.
    A comment beneath the Gamespot article. Interesting, the main consensus seems to suggest Raiden as the main character. I don't really mind that TBH, although playing as Snake is always just way better. Some are suggesting another Big Boss prequel, etc.
    2:00 am this Friday, I know what I'll be doing :D
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Mgs5?

I don't want another MGS. MGS4 concluded the series in a way that left me satisfied.

Comment

True.

Theories are circulating however about a Raiden/Big Boss game, as opposed to Solid Snake (Snake's story seems to have been told fully)

Other people are suggesting it's an "S" for a Substance/Subsistence type equivalent for MGS4.

Another interesting thing:

An analysis of the source code shows that the plan is that there are going to be five countdown timers. It is probable that the 5 means that this is the fifth countdown timer, and the next will be 4, then 3, then 2, then 1. Also, the references to Metal Gear in the source code and the lightning in the background seem too obvious. Kojima has thrown people off the trail before: in the trailers for MGS2, he replaced Raiden with Snake to keep his existence a secret. It seems more likely that Kojima is trying to trick us into believing that this is a new Metal Gear, and that it will probably be another property entirely.
      With the countdown timers, yes. The countdown will go to zero...and the big announcement will be another countdown timer. Then another. And then another. And then a final countdown timer, which will end on June 1st (which, consequently, happens to be the day of Microsoft's E3 press conference). I'm not saying this is fact, but this is all according to the website's flash source code:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1183

I can't see that personally...all this anticipation for another MGS for it to be a new game doesn't make sense to me, but the countdown thing is interesting.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6209625....result;title;1

Comment

Countdown ends in roughly an hour, but I'm pretty much just expecting another countdown timer.

Damn that Kojima dude.

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
          Countdown ends in roughly an hour, but I'm pretty much just expecting another countdown timer.

Damn that Kojima dude.
          Yeah, now you're counting down to E3. :p

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yup...up till 2am, didn't get the new countdown till 2:45, and ended up sleeping at 4:30...can you say "Kojima the asshat"?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X