Which PS3 Model Is Best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which PS3 Model Is Best?

I plan on purchasing a ps3 by the end of the summer. Which model is less likely to break down or is the best with features overall? Right now im considering the 60 gig backward compatible version.

Note, im only going to purchase a used ps3, probably from ebay.

If anyone wants to suggest some games that would be useful to,

Ill likely buy socom and modern warfare 2.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Re: Which PS3 Model Is Best?

If you want the backwards compatibility you'll have to get the 60GB version or one of the other discontinued models. The 60GB version would be best because it has hardware support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Models - Refer to this for the features you want.

If you're buying used, you won't get a warranty but I suppose if it's an older version and lasted that long it should last a lot longer. Some have reported the disc drive failing after about a year. Mine failed after 6 months but was still covered under warranty.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

How often do the disc drives fail? And if they do how much are they to replace?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I think it's about $100 to replace, not more than $150. Mine was fixed very quickly. They send you a box to ship it back. If it's out of warranty, you include credit card information so they can bill you.

I'm not sure how often they fail. It doesn't seem to be a serious issue. I looked on the Playstation forums when mine failed and didn't find it to be a regular occurrence.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If your going to get a used one, go to ebgames or gamestop and get it there with a store warrenty.This way you can take it right back and get another one if the drive dies.
          I'm saying this from experience.
          I went through 4 used ps3's ! The first one lasted 9months then I went through 3 more in a matter of almost 2 months. Thats no joke ! I eventually just bought a new 80 gig. Of the 4 ps3's , one was a 20gig ,one 60gig and 2 80gigs. It was insane ! Drive failure on every one.
          Best of luck to you, I do love my ps3 but man what a pain in the rear it was to get one that works !
          DESODE
          Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...