Il2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Il2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey !

Ok guys I feel it is my duty to fill you all in with some new info concerning this masterpiece.
    First of all there are lots of new amazing trailers out. Here is the latest one [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWJmvK9aW4&hd=1[/media]

Oh and make sure to click on HD in the bottom right so you can truly see how amazing this game is looking.

I also would like to welcome the offical web site ! http://www.il2game.com/

I have talked to Anton Yudintsev who is the CEO of the Gajin ( the DEV Company) and he has answered a lot of question concerning this game.

The most important thing for me is that the game will have three modes just like the pc games. This includes the most Hard Core of the Hard Core Simulation modes ! and that will be in the game.

The game will support Flightsticks, and the Saitek Aviator has been confirmed for the ps3. More are also being made.

All the E3 reviews have been Amazing and I have not read a single on that wasn't 110% positive.

If you are a Fan of Il2 Sturmovik then you need to go and pre-order this one ! It is not some watered down version from the pc . There are a lot of us out here that have been praying for some new life to be blown into the flight sim scene. Well this is it ! in all its Hard Core Sim Glory !, So please give this game your support.

I would love to see some of you guys join me on the game forums,You can get there via the game web site.
    Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Re: Il2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey !

A good E3 preview with some good info. http://www.the-nextlevel.com/preview...birds-of-prey/
    Desode
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

It was confirmed today that not only will there be a demo , but there will be 2 DEMOS !!
      A MP Demo and a SP demo !!!

Here is what Anton Yudintsev (CEO of Dev) had to say today when asked about a demo.

" We had too choises:
      * Make Single player demo with few missions and planes with both arcade and simulation realism level, for broad audience, to give everybody chance to test what we are making.
      * Make Multiplayer demo with 2-3 planes with both arcade and simulation realism level, for flightsim lovers (both hardcore and more casual), to build community more stronger and so increase interest to a game.

But we couldn't made both SP and MP demo - that would be too much of the game, for a demo.

And, we've discussed that a lot. And we've made both demos, actually.
      And right now, one of those demo is waiting for approval.
      But I won't tell you which demo is for now. "

When asked about the release date of the demo he said this , "A few weeks before release.
      And, actually, not so many weeks from now "

Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE
      Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Just a new update on some game info that has been confirmed.

1.40 flyable planes

2.All 40 planes will be available to fly in MP and free flight wich is training mode.

3.Red outs and Black outs from G-effects

4.When in a multi seat bomber you can select different parts of the plane for example gun turrets, pilot.

5.There be smoke from your plane

6.There be oil coming of your plane

7.There be movement in the water

8. 4 Mp modes, Dogfight, Team death match, Ground strike, Capture the Airstrip

When I get anymore new info I will let you know.
        Thanks for your time and consideration, Desode
        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Any know if my X-52 system will be available for in-game use?

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
            Any know if my X-52 system will be available for in-game use?
            I don't know if it will be supported on the ps3 or not. I know that the confirmed sticks for the ps3 are the saitek Aviator and one from thrustmaster. Since the Ps3 can recognize all flight sticks, It may ,but I have not seen it confirmed yet.
            DESODE
            Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Here is a great article just release on Ign.

Bird's Eye View Benefits IL-2
              "Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey" developer utilizing satellite data to create realistic and historically accurate topography in WWII flight combat game.
              July 16, 2009 - LOS ANGELES - 505 Games U.S., in collaboration with 1C Company, the publishers of upcoming WWII flight combat title IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey, today shed some light on the processes by which the game's impressive visuals are produced, including the use of satellite photography. Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (STRM) database pictures, renowned for their incredible precision, have been used to recreate the landscapes of war-torn Europe in IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey in remarkable detail.

Building accurate 1940's environments using the latest in cutting edge satellite technology comes with a set of immediate problems, most obviously the 50 year time gap in the layout of buildings, foliage and other features, many of which did not exist at the time of the game's setting, as well as other landscape elements which are now long gone from the real word and need to be added to the game. To combat this, the development team of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey have collated and pored over hundreds of wartime photos, documents and maps, painstakingly removing unwanted additions and recreating missing landscape features.

Whenever possible, locations featured in IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey have been remodelled according to genuine, historically accurate photos from archives around the world. These were laboriously compared with modern images to ensure all significant features were included or removed as appropriate. Where documented evidence was unavailable, the team took the time to create unique buildings in keeping with the style of the era, often imitating structures from other cites of the era and transposing them into the created landscapes. In total, over two million buildings and around 35 million trees were put in place using these processes to produce a level of realism previously unseen on current generation consoles.

"Collecting all the necessary data, both old and new, to create IL-2 had been a long battle all of its own," commented Alex Price, Senior Global Brand Manager for 505 Games. "The game is now looking as good we had always anticipated it would and clearly, the scouring of archives and satellite databases has all been worth it!"

I can't freaking wait for this game ! DESODE
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1005628p1.htm

Check it out. All three modes covered! Now the guy doesn't know how to fly at all but still this is the first videos we have seen with realistic and Full simulation mode shown.
                Also Anton said the demo is is approved and on its way and will be here very shortly.
                ENJOY ! DESODE

Comment

Hey guys, The Il2 BOP Twitter page was taking questions on BOP, so I sent them this one.

Is BOP made with the il2 sturmovik pc engine and then remade for console or is is it a brand new engine all on its own from scratch ?

I just got a response from them to day, it is as follows:

IL2BirdsOfPrey
                  IL-2 Sturmovik
                  @Desode The flight dynamics and flight models are from the original. Itís a new game engine though built and optimized for consoles :about 22 hours ago

So I take this to mean that its a combination of the Il2 PC engine that was added on to and then turned into a new console engine.

Anyway you cut it, it sounds like all of us pc sturmovik fans will have a good grasp on the Flight dynamics and the flight models.

DESODE
                  Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

I just found out that the SP Demo hits very soon !!!!
                    Here is the Anouncement with the date : http://www.fighterops.com/forum/show...558#post103558

I can't wait ! DESODE
                    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Tried the SP demo and I 'm not sure what to think of it.

Unlocked both realistic and simulation mode, tried the latter one and I must say that the planes seem to stall way too often. Also found it impossible to hit any of the tanks on the ground in simulation mode because they 're nearly impossible to spot (even on a 50" plasma).

Have yet to connect my joystick and see if that improves anything. I find it very hard to look around by pressing the right stick on the PS3 controller...
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                        Tried the SP demo and I 'm not sure what to think of it.

Unlocked both realistic and simulation mode, tried the latter one and I must say that the planes seem to stall way too often. Also found it impossible to hit any of the tanks on the ground in simulation mode because they 're nearly impossible to spot (even on a 50" plasma).

Have yet to connect my joystick and see if that improves anything. I find it very hard to look around by pressing the right stick on the PS3 controller...
                        I'm probably going to get both ver (ps3 and 360). I'm liking the 360 version better because I have a ACE EDGE Hotas, That works super well and I can look around smoothly. On the ps3 version i'm using a Thrustmaster fully programable controller, so I could move the control layout anyway I want. You need to turn the sensitivity down in the settings in order to fix your stalling problem. If you adjust that you shouldn't have as much of a problem. Best advice I can give you on the tanks is go vert and look behind you and watch for a cannon flash. It took me a while but I finally finished it on sim mode with all targets destroyed on 1 life. It took me 2 hrs and 40+ minutes. I loved it though. I'm a pilot in real life and the sim mode is pretty good. I'm very impressed with the prop wash and physics. I must say I thought I would never see anything close to a real sim on console but I guess I'm wrong now. I mean the PC version is deeper, but this console version is pretty hard core. DESODE
                        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X