What's good on PSN Store?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good on PSN Store?

I just got my PS3 from my wife for my birthday, and I'm wondering what people recommend on PSN Store. I already got Pain as a free download, and I download LocoRoco because I liked it on PSP.

I will probably end up getting BF:1943 (is anyone playing this still on PS3?), but I'm not sure what else is good. I've heard the Pixlejunk games are nice. What else?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: What's good on PSN Store?

Fat Princess. Feed her cake.

It's a great little game. It's basically capture the flag except the flag is a princess. You can feed the princess cake so it's more difficult for players to carry her. Multiple classes are available so teamwork is required.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If you are a fan of the Wipeout series the two PSN releases are top notch.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Fat Princess is multiplayer only, correct? How active is it? I am hesitant to pick up multiplayer only titles because I've heard PSN is just not very active in general.

I need to try Wipeout. I've never played it, but I hear it is a blast.

Comment

When I lived with my roommate who had a PS3, I bought the new Mega Man (VII) I believe. Also bought Wild Arms and I had fun with both games.

Comment

I've found Zen Pinball a decent pinball game for those who remember what that is. :)
            "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
            EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
            PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

fat princess does have singleplayer though its really just the same as multiplayer but with bots.

Comment

I enjoy this new game named Burn zombie Burn.

|TG-8th| ShinigamiRyuk
                PSN: Leyala

Comment

Final Fantasy VII is great, minus it not stretching properly on widescreen TV's.

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan View Post
                    I've found Zen Pinball a decent pinball game for those who remember what that is. :)
                    Been playing the demo of this, and both my wife and I love it.

Comment

Critter Crunch. Amazing puzzle game and it looks gorgeous on a big 1080p screen.

Super Stardust HD is also pretty fun, though the normal difficulty kicks my ass.

And another vote for Fat Princess, it gets a bit stale after playing awhile, but it's fun to pick up again every few weeks.

All those have demos so give em a go.

Comment

I tried out the PixelJunk Eden demo with my wife, and we both loved it. We've been playing 2 player co-op since I purchased it this Sunday, and we've nabbed around 30 spectra across 7 worlds so far. It's getting really hard since the game started throwing some tricks and twists at us, but it is still amazingly fun and relaxing. It is getting a bit intense in the later levels, but my wife and I are getting so good at it that we haven't used a continue since the first time we played.

I have heard some people say it's on the frustrating end of hard, but we haven't experienced that at all. It's just an amazing game to look at and listen to, and definitely worth a purchase at $10 if you're looking for a unique platformer.

At the very least, you should give the demo a shot.

Also, we ended up buying Zen Pinball as well. Lots of fun.

Comment

I picked up Shatter for $8 bucks last night on the recommendation of several people in the Gamers With Jobs community. It's a brickbreaker clone with a bunch of twists. For example, you can suck and blow with your paddle, giving you the ability to control the ball once it's off the paddle. You can also blow around bricks that break free and float around the level.

There are boss battles, special abilities (Shard Storm, Shield), and some levels are played from a left-to-right perspective while others are round. It also has online leaderboards to track your score against friends.

Here's a video of it with what sounds like a developer describing the gameplay.

It's a very fun game for $8 bucks. I played about three hours last night after I got it, and I've played it a couple of hours today.
                          Last edited by Evo<^|SiNz|^>; 12-19-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Anyone have PixelJunk's Shooter yet?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              Anyone have PixelJunk's Shooter yet?
                              Yes, my wife and I have played the first three levels coop. It's a neat little game. The coolest part about it is the liquid physics. Most of the puzzles so far have involved using water to turn lava into rock in order to rescue the little astronauts scattered around the level.

We enjoyed Eden more, but Shooter is nice and is well worth the $10 bucks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X