XIM1 for PS3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XIM1 for PS3?

Anyone have or use one? My wife got me a FragFX v2 but I don't generally play FPS games on console, and when I tried it, I didn't care for it. If I turned up the dial too much it was jumpy, and I didn't like the feel of the mouse in my hands. I'm side I'd get used to it, but I figured I'd sell it anyway... (it's still for sell if anyone is interested).

Then I heard about XIM1 that hooks up to your computer and allows you to use your keyboard/mouse. That sounds great. But alas, don't know anyone with one... and it's EXPENSIVE on eBay... $90.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: XIM1 for PS3?

The thing about any of these sort of things is that the PS3 will still take the inputs from the mouse and translate them into analog stick movements. So there will always be some awkwardness in the controls because it's trying to turn a mouse movement (a direct correlation between the physical and virtual interface) to a virtual one, where the adapter must replicate inputs on the mouse to pressure on the analog stick.

I hope that makes sense. Basically, an FPS on the PS3 won't see the mouse movements as anything but a conversion of analog stick inputs.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Re: XIM1 for PS3?

fldash, turn your sensitivity up all the way or almost all the way in-game. Then turn your controller sensitivity to around 2-5, whichever feels best. This is the recommended setting from Split Fish. This will make it as un-jumpy as possible.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X