Goozex: June is PS3 month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goozex: June is PS3 month

If you're not already a member of Goozex, it's PS3 month there. They're running several promotions, including one where if a current user gives you a referral you will get some bonus points and a free trade token after your first trade is complete.

Originally posted by Goozex
    Don't leave out your friends! Invite them to join Goozex using the coupon code: "PS3PLAYER". As soon as they join they can immediately start participating in the PS3 promotions. Plus they'll get 100 points plus 1 free token as a bonus as soon as they complete their first positive trade! Valid through July 31, 2010.
    It's a great little site, and I've sent and received around a dozen games on it so far without any hassles. It's a hell of a lot better deal than trading your games in to Gamestop, if there's demand for it there, and you can often get better deals than you can at retail for used games.

Let me know if you'd like me to give you a referral to join so you can get your bonus points.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Goozex: June is PS3 month

How long have you been using Goozex? Any problems?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm overall quite impressed. I've only been using it for a few months, but I have sent 10 games out and received 5 (I have one coming and another looking for a match). All the games I've received have been in surprisingly good condition, with the one exception being Far Cry 2 came with sticker residue on the outside of the case.

Of course, there is always the possibility for abuse by users... but Goozex is usually very good about reimbursing points and trade tokens when things go awry, at least based on what I have read on the forums there.

You do have to look at the service with a certain mentality, that you are not going to get the latest and greatest games, though you can offer the latest and greatest games for a pretty good chunk of credits. I just sent out Battlefield Bad Company 2, and it's still worth the full 1000 points ($50 dollars in credits). But in terms of requesting games, it's a game of patience. What I do is put any game I am remotely interested in playing in my "On Hold" queue. That way, I will move up in the queue, but since it's on hold, it won't automatically request it for me when I get to the front of the queue. That way, my points aren't wasted if I don't want it, but I have the option to activate it and expect to get it relatively quickly.

You will run into people who take their sweet time to ship, though Goozex sets a 17 day limit on every transaction, which means you need to have the game in your hands and provide feedback within that window. If you are desperate to play a certain game and have it in your hands quickly, Goozex is not a great bet. That doesn't mean people don't ship quickly... for example, I requested MAG on PS3 on Monday, and USPS has it out for delivery to my house today. In other cases, you won't get any tracking info from the seller and the game won't arrive until a week or more after you requested it.

It's been a very positive experience for me, though. Since I'm a sort-of-new PS3 owner, it's allowing me to work through the large backlog of console games I've never played, and they're all relatively cheap and easy to obtain through Goozex. I've been able to cycle through around 3 games at a time, send them back, and use the points I get to request 3 more. Send those back, etc... So you can see it's a good system if you can use it like that.

Sorry for the wall-o-text. Hope that helps. Let me know if you'd like a referral.

Comment

Sounds great. I would like a referral, please.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          Sounds great. I would like a referral, please.
          Just sent you a PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X