Wii sports bowling best game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii sports bowling best game

Just curious to see how everybody else does at my personal favorite Wii sports game: Bowling.

For me:
    Highest game: 216
    Average game: around 170

The thing that had me laughing the most was that we were able to get it to imitate my neighbors freakish bowling style fairly accurately and sucessfuly.
    He bowls right handed, starting from the extreme left end of the lane, uses a 5-step approach and pushes the ball out WAY right (3rd arrow from the right side of the lane) with extreme revolutions. Crazy, but it works, as his league average is just over 200.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Wii sports bowling best game

I average around 160 and highest I've bowled is around a 212.

Perhaps it's time we create a Wii forum...?
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Personal best = 232

Average = 163

I always bowl from the far right (very last marker) and crazy spin it to the left. I also love to do the spin control game in training. So far I've only gotten to 11 lanes.

Comment

I finally got my Wii and I also love the bowling. Unfortunately, you can't search the forums for "Wii", so I can't join any of the other discussions that have passed since everyone else got theirs. :(

I don't think I've played a full game of bowling yet, but my daughter got an insane 187 the other day, beating my son's 90 by a margin which made her very happy. :)

I got to lane 17 in the Spin Control training, but a technique for consistently throwing the ball straight still eludes me.

This and tennis are the most fun for me.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I don't play Wii Bowling that much myself, but I will say that it is the best game just because I get to watch my parents jump up and down in joy when they play!

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
          TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
          ||

Comment

Beat my daughter's 187 last night with a 188. :)

Then I played again and scored a 221. :D

It is very much like real bowling in that the second you think you have consistency, it vanishes for no known reason. My most frequent muttering to myself:
            "WTF happened to my spin?"
            (after rolling a dead straight ball through the rightmost 3 pins)

Comment

So there you have it, the Wii's unique control scheme has crushed Icky's ego to such an extent that he will boast about how his skills are superior to his own daughter :D

Non-video game players are actually beginning to be better at some of these things that we are!

*clutches keyboard and mouse* They'll never figure you out my precious...precious...precious...

-Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Moved to new forum...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Crushing my daughter was not enough. After I scored a 221 and let my nephew know about it, he worked very hard and eventually got a 222. Unfortunately for him, I had a miracle game of 258 in the meantime. Yesterday, when he started gloating about his superior 222, I couldn't help letting him know that the new mark was 258.

So my record is 258. Anyone close to that yet? That is 10 strikes and 2 9-pin spares. I bet that the day I beat that will be the day I bowl a 300.

I usually score around 200 now. Almost every game since the 258 has taken a chunk out of my 1300 rating.

And I made it to 19 in spin control. I had 3 shots at 19, but I just can't get enough spin.

Comment

Is wii bowling realistic enough to help with real bowling? I am pretty bad and it would be pretty sweet to be able to practice at home.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
                      Is wii bowling realistic enough to help with real bowling? I am pretty bad and it would be pretty sweet to be able to practice at home.
                      I doubt it. It would probably just make you think that you were better than you were.

It might help if you built a bowling ball with an embedded Wii controller. :)

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                        I doubt it. It would probably just make you think that you were better than you were.

It might help if you built a bowling ball with an embedded Wii controller. :)
                        Oh man don't give me ideas like that. I might just go and do it. Imagine the possibilities for nintendo accessories. Wii tennis rackets, wii bowling balls, wii baseball bats, etc...

Comment

Imagine the property destruction

Comment

... Unfortunately, you can't search the forums for "Wii", so I can't join any of the other discussions that have passed since everyone else got theirs. :(
                            sure you can... use this search string in google:

site:tacticalgamer.com wii

Comment

Crushing my daughter was not enough. After I scored a 221 and let my nephew know about it, he worked very hard and eventually got a 222. Unfortunately for him, I had a miracle game of 258 in the meantime. Yesterday, when he started gloating about his superior 222, I couldn't help letting him know that the new mark was 258.

So my record is 258. Anyone close to that yet?
                              My cousin had a 268. [X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][9/][X9-]
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X