Tennis ball control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis ball control?

Has anyone mastered ball control in Wii Sports Tennis? It has me pretty lost. Sometimes the ball goes high, sometimes it hits the net. I have control of direction through timing, but it sure would be nice to be able to lob the ball or throw in a backhand slice sometimes.

My opposition has gotten good enough that I need some magic to beat them. :)
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Tennis ball control?

Here's what I think is the way to achieve different strokes:

Lob - Swing in an arc, going up then coming down. (ie. mimic the ball lobbing)
    Top spin - Swing low and give the remote a little twist. I think swinging low may suffice.
    Curve - I'm still trying to figure this out but it seems to curve if I swing and keep the remote parallel to the sensor bar. I guess if you swing then hold the remote like you're hitting a ball and trying to give it side spin. It's tricky to do.

For the others that haven't figured out ball direction, it's explained in the manual. The power serve isn't but is also based on timing. You seem to get it when the ball is hit at the top of its toss.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm really getting annoyed with the computer players lobbing the ball over and over. If I could smash it, there wouldn't be a problem, but I seem unable to make a hard shot off of a floater.

Comment

To counter the lob, its all about waiting for it. Sit back, and wait until its almost too late to swing, then swing low and straight.

Elisa is your 2000 target. WHUP HER!

(I'm sorry, she and I had many terrible bouts for the championship, and I still haven't gotten over it)

Comment

I don't understand the "championship". I haven't played too much on my own, but when I do, I get a 2000 (Elisa) and a 1900 rated opponent. Do I just keep playing until they call that a championship game?

Comment

My daughter and I Love the tennis game. I am still trying to figure out the Hard and Fast serve. I only get it to go once in a blue moon.

Any Ideas?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I can usually get it by swinging immediately after pressing the A button.
              |TG|Melee
              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I believe the hard serve is strictly hitting the ball at the exact apex of the serving toss.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Ferguson View Post
                  I believe the hard serve is strictly hitting the ball at the exact apex of the serving toss.
                  I agree. I get them almost every time. I do a quick upswing to throw the ball, then I wait until it peaks, then I do a quick little wrist flick to hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                    I agree. I get them almost every time. I do a quick upswing to throw the ball, then I wait until it peaks, then I do a quick little wrist flick to hit it.
                    Yup. What I'm having issues with is the left/right curve. Serves are money, and top- and bottomspin are money.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X