Nintendo DS WiFi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo DS WiFi

So I have a DS and a DSlite and I also have FFVIII, my first nintendo WiFi game (unless mario kart has it). Anyway, what I'm getting at is I'd like to start this thread so we can share our nintendo wifi connection ID's.

My DS Lite is:

5847-0885-6364-9000

Feel free to add me to your friends list :)

RW
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Nintendo DS WiFi

I need to set up a wifi transmitter so I can get my DS online...
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Yes Mario Kart is an online game. So is Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command, and Tetris DS.

Problem I have with the DS is that it doesn't support my wifi encryption. =\
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I need to find out how to set this up...
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
          I need to find out how to set this up...
          Same here, my daughter has the DS lite, and was asking me about this.
          Battlefield 2: Battlefield 2142: WoW: Oblivion: NWN2

Comment

I have a hardwired router... Anyone know if it's possible to get a wi-fi transmitter that hooks up via Cat5 to my router instead of getting a wireless router and daisy-chaining it to my hardwired one.

I just want to be transmitting a wireless signal without having to buy another router.

Would something like this work? Not that I'm ready to shell out $90 bucks to get my DS online.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
              Would something like this work? Not that I'm ready to shell out $90 bucks to get my DS online.
              Ya, that's what you need. The market has been upside-down for this sort of thing for a long time. It is cheaper to buy a wireless router than to buy an accessory for a wired router to make it wireless. That is, unless your wired router has 48 ports... :)

Comment

Hello- I thank you for coming out and saying this idea. I have been toying around about mentioning it for a while- so thank you for speaking up.

Please do no take me as a fool, but I represent-Wifi Warriors- a smaller clan of ~110 to~ 160 people who are devoted entirerly to Nintendo Wifi Games: preactically all (those worth playing mind you). My clan is composed of 3 clans- we are as a body running as one. We are a quiet community that has had few wars in recent history, but we have made it on the top 100 list of nintendo wifi clans. We here at Wifi Warriors are a friendly bunch of people who are welcome to visitors, but if you ever come to invisionfree wifi warriors, and attack or bad mouth -flame- you will be removed. If you ever come I will recognize you: just make it known.

Wifi Warriors is a clan that has allied itself with ~10 other clans, withwitch we could join as one, but the staff tend not to want a super clan.

Another wifi 'super-group' (not to be confused with super clan) is Wifi World- it is very unstable and troublesome because of its leaders. This group has close to ~700 to ~1000 people in its membership. It is do to the instability of this 'super group', that my clan and its large 'Wifi Alliance' has not merged.

I am one of the original members of the original clan that is now called Wifi Warriors- I know many would listen to what I say if anything were to come of it. We are mainly a Metroid Prime Hunters clan, then Lost Magic, then Mario Kart DS, then Animal Crossing, then Starfox, then :Yugio, and then Final Fantasy III. I own MPH, MKDS, and FF3. I am not the best on any of them, but I do play.

Word of advice- Wifi World has 'some problems' in its head administration, so be warned, we have had bands of people being removed from Wifi World.

If anyone wants a hand to pull you up- come to Wifi Warriors: we are willing to be friends- especially with the big dogs. Guys if you want direction go to the wifi warriors: they will help you. We will help you.

So not to make it sound like an add - which it is not- I want to say my friends there will be ok with making friends with a 'super clan' and its kind and gentile members.

Also we are getting into the Wii system and we could use a leg up on gaming and even battling. That does bring one thing to light- We have problems with logistics with wifi battles, but for you guys things might be easier: can you train any of us? We have problems with school and work and such so we do have some problems there, but can we build a good relations with our clans?

Also to question on what to get for wireless wifi connection- get the NINTENDO WIFI USB CARD. You can get it at Walmart for ~$30 to ~$40.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Wow, didn't know any of that existed. The clans and whatnot. But more power to ya.

Oh, and here's a WiFi USB Link for $20 bucks! Is this what you were talking about?

Comment

sure- I have that one, but I use it for my PSP; look for the official wifi usb , because it responds much faster and it easily recognizes the household devices: the DS.

IF YOU GO WIFI MAX: you have the option of connecting multiple types of wifi devices- PSP and DS... and so on...... unlike the Nintendo version- which only does the DS.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Or you can get a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector for ~30$.

Just plug and play and you don't really have to worry too much about security :).

And I'd be more interested in 'claning' up with our regular lot here than go out into the great unknown. :) Of course, if I can't motivate you guys to go wireless on your DS....
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Maybe when I eventually get some games that support the wi-fi I'll look into it. Sounds like Metroid and Mario Kart are the most popular online games?

Comment

Yes, the wi-fi connector is the cheapest option if you have a PC to use as your wireless bridge.

Comment

well, we are still here and until we get new MPH blood, we are losing interest in the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X