Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think the Twilight Princess is one of the best.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Twilight Princess is one of the best.

..games I have ever played. Seriously.

I've been playing it little over two weeks now. Just bought it for the gamecube, bad thing was I had a gamecube that was made after 2004. So It doesn't support component video. So I just had to go with s-video which helped the blurryness a little bit on my hdtv.

I'm over halfway through the game now with about 45hours put in. I'm taking my time and collecting every golden bug, and POE soul as well. I've gotten all but 2 golden bugs so far, and 44 poe souls. I just started in "Dungeon V: Snowpeak Ruins" last night, and played through it a bit, its probably one of the coolest dungeon type quests so far. Since its the Yeti's mansion/castle type place. I hope to complete this game before the 20th, since I'll be picking up another game for the 360 (Crackdown).

Overall, I love this game, its been amazing, and the score is just cool.

Re: I think the Twilight Princess is one of the best.

Cool. That's how I have felt about every Zelda game.

I just replayed Link To The Past with my kids watching, and now I am replaying Ocarina of Time on my N64. Next will be Majora's Mask, but I will have a problem if I get Twilight Princess in the meantime... :)
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Link to the past was really the last Zelda game I played when I was a kid. I just never played them after that. I had a n64, but I was to busy with Goldeneye at the time so even realize there was other games out there back then.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
        Cool. That's how I have felt about every Zelda game.

I just replayed Link To The Past with my kids watching, and now I am replaying Ocarina of Time on my N64. Next will be Majora's Mask, but I will have a problem if I get Twilight Princess in the meantime... :)
        Interestingly enough, I too am playing LoZ with my daughter watching. We're past the first boss in Majora's Mask, in fact.

And hey, first post since picking up a Wii. Bundled with Twilight Princess (and Super Monkey Ball) even.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I have a really short attention span so I haven't gotten into the game yet. So far, I've put more time into Red Steel. It's a much shorter game so I'll definitely be playing Zelda once Red Steel is out of the mix before the week is over.

I've acquired most of the basic items but all I really want is access to the fishing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm so close to the end now. I just beat the City in the sky. I believe I have a couple more dungeons to go through, then the end maybe.

Fishing wasn't really used in this game. It's neat, but really not even necessary. Except for one really fun mini-game with it, thats it though.

I've been reading a guide to help me, with the golden bugs, and poe souls. I would literally never find this stuff. The dev's hide it so well.

Comment

I have TP and it is a blast. One of the best Zelda games ever (after A Link to the Past.)

Comment

Can anyone comment on the "Teen" rating this game has? Is it more scary from a child's perspective than the previous Zelda games?

I got it on the weekend, but I'm too busy to play it at the moment.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                  Can anyone comment on the "Teen" rating this game has? Is it more scary from a child's perspective than the previous Zelda games?

I got it on the weekend, but I'm too busy to play it at the moment.
                  Its got a few creepy moments actually. I don't think its too too bad though.

Comment

I'm playing it with my 7 year old watching. It's creeped her out a couple of times, but nothing nightmare-inducing (and she's a girly-girl).
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well just finished it at 62hrs. What a final boss, and a ending that was. I'm almost sad that its over, but it was a long and fun journey to the end, no dull moments for me here.

Comment

Zelda games are always great, but someone needs to hit Nintendo a bit harder with the innovation stick cause TP relied far too much on OOT/MM's well done bits.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Firstly, you have to admit the wolf was not that well implemented, albeit a good attempt that had it's moments. What the wolf lacked was the same depth as Link, he never learned new moves, scents were purely plotline (that could have been SO much more, just think about it) and overall didn't have that rock solid combat interface one becomes used to as Link.

While the Twilight world certainly had its evil moments, it wasn't even close to the mysterious terror that could fill someone when they entered the dungeons of OOT (MM less so). I'm not saying TP's dungeons were poorly done, in fact I still love the manor for it's innovation, but failed to remind us that they were "dungeons" where "bad, evil, horrible things lived".

The bosses managed to retain their level of terror, mainly due to what seems to be a bit of an over reliance on arachnid/insectoid designs, but were not anywhere near the challenge of their past incarnations. They were inventive, and without a doubt fun, but again the difficulty on them was scaled down so much that they seemed like a big puzzle with dramatic music.

On that note, the music in this game was...well it wasn't good. We had the classic themes done quite well, and I almost cried when I heard the remix of the old SNES Hyrule Castle theme...for the whole 20 seconds it was played. Music is integral to Zelda because it does way more than you think to set the mood. While some of the battle music was quite intense, the jousting/horseback fighting sequence comes to mind, the over reliance on old themes didn't quite cut it. Think about it, can you really name a notable theme that was new in this one? The closest thing I can come to is the Hyrule Castle-Foreboding Ganon hybrid mix, which made me quite happy.

Dungeon layout, for that matter, seemed to be a bit...simplified? The puzzles were there and plenty complex at points, but the sheer size didn't really get you. I blame this mainly on the fact that they were set in various settings first, as opposed to OOT which chose elements, and were designed around them accordingly. The major let down for me in particular was the Sky Temple, which promised quite a bit but didn't quite cut it for me.

Main reason for that? Oocuoo (or however you spell his name). I don't know how much of a sense of humor the Japanese have, but when it comes to making the "race closest to the Hylians" a bunch of ostriches who mated with pigeons in some freak accident, I feel cheated. I was expecting some sort of amazing angelic transformation at the Sky Temple...nope. On that note, the other characters in this game were fleshed out particularly well, but were shoved aside far too quickly. In fact, the characters really lacked the depth you saw in MM, or even OOT. I didn't get the sense that they were alive, but that they were plot devices. You moved from character to character until you eventually beat the game. I wanted to see what would have happened between Link and Ilia, but once you got her memory back it was just...over? As for Colin and King Bulbin, they entered and exited the story with little explanation, especially as to why the Bulbins were even attacking random places in Hyrule and why his crazy horn could summon the Twilight Portals. Even Zelda just hid in a castle most of the game, then turned into Midna, then showed up again at the end to bring things full circle.

Midna is a notable exception, and an exception I actually grew to like. Midna gave Link a voice without taking away his characteristic silence, and managed to tell the story a lot better than various characters along the way. Midna may actually be to blame for the lack of depth in other characters, but overall I felt she made the experience very interesting. Zant, on the other hand, seriously tripped me up when he turned into a maddened court jester instead of the warrior badarse he had been faking the whole story. on that note the Twilight Realm was poorly used, and should have been a method, through using various shards of the Mirror of Twilight, by which one could access something similar to a "dark world" in LTTP, albeit in broken fragments. However, the Twilight Realm was reduced to a dungeon and its inhabitants turned into nothing more than punching bags. That's not good as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and while I'm at it, what was up with Ganondorf in this game? He sits around in the castle while you come in, twice, and talk with Zelda. Apparently he can't detect this anymore? Isn't he technically ruling this world by the beginning of the game? However, rather than smite you he's just going to sit in his tower and chill till you show up? What?

On that note, why doesn't anyone CARE that Ganondorf and Zant are -ruling- Hyrule? The townsfolk in the Hyrule Castle Town are downright ignorant of everything, even Minda going psycho-bezerk and ripping apart the ENTIRE castle shield? Not even a "oh well that was interesting!"

Make no mistake, I enjoyed this game immensely, but these are only the start of my thoughts on what seriously went wrong with this Zelda incarnation. I am willing to forgive though, as this game was done on a much faster schedule using an old engine (WW) and with intense pressure. If they take their time on the next one, they can fix all of these errors and just make their universe more complete.

-Zephyr
                        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                        We are not a single game.
                        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

SPOILERS (I guess)
                          I'm only on the quest to "rescue" the Zora prince to get the item which will let me breath water, but even now I'm noticing a few things that annoy me. Some of these Zeph brought up.

1. Why aren't the "Bad Guys" trying to reinfect Hyrule with Twilight or even actively hunting Link? In OoT it was easily explained as when you're young, Ganondorf had failed to get the stones, so was using you to open up the way to the Sacred Zone. And when you're adult, he's either too busy laughing it up as the ruler of Hyrule or has such contempt for you, he doesn't care.

Even LttP had Ganon actively hunting you and Zelda.

2. The sword-play was kind of an after-thought, which finding out TP was a port of the Gamecube version explained this.

3. This game has serious Metroid Prime 2 overtones. The Twilight Realm is in-line with the "dark" sections of MP2. You go through the same actions of beating mini-bosses to acquire new abilities. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but MP2 was not a great game as was expected.

Although I'm not that far through, I'm not blown away by TP. It is a good showing for the Wii. It's clean, graphically nice, and has no glaring weaknesses. I might be a little biased on this though as I expected WW to be kind of weak after the whole Cel-shading deal (it takes a good team to pull of Cel-shading and not make it look like suck), but it ended up being damn solid.

Anyways, time will tell.

Comment

I have been playing this for a little bit now. Really it is my first Zelda game so I may need to go back and learn more of the older story lines. SO far it is a blast. My daughter (9Years Old) likes watching me play and she has her own game she plays. Right now I just beat the big frog looking boss...

Still a few things I haven't figured out yet such as those lanterns that come out that I can't hurt and seem to want to attack me...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                              I have been playing this for a little bit now. Really it is my first Zelda game so I may need to go back and learn more of the older story lines. SO far it is a blast. My daughter (9Years Old) likes watching me play and she has her own game she plays. Right now I just beat the big frog looking boss...
                              Most Zelda games stand on their own and are really just hommages to the older ones. There's nothing you really NEED to know to play the newer games.

Still a few things I haven't figured out yet such as those lanterns that come out that I can't hurt and seem to want to attack me...LOL!
                              Those are ghosts known as "Poe's." Link can't see them in human form. You will need to be in wolf form and use your senses to see and attack them. Kill them to "cure" Johani's curse.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X