Recommended gamecube games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended gamecube games?

I already picked up Metroid Prime, and once I finish that I'll be moving on to Echoes.

Any games I shouldn't miss? Mario Sunshine?
    I'm not looking to stock up on games, I'd rather just grab a few of the best. Something to keep my Wii from sitting idle, but not break the bank.
    Steam Community: | |

Re: Recommended gamecube games?

I've heard that Rogue Squadron is one of the best looking GC games. It's something I'd like to try one day. Killer 7 is also a possibility for me. It's made by the same developers doing No More Heroes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Metroid Prime 2 was rather weak when compared next to Prime. It is also a VERY difficult game even on easier difficulties. Oh and be prepared for EXTREME frustration when fighting the Boost Guardian.

Anyways, I only owned 4 GC games. And I'd recommend them all:
      LoZ: Windwaker
      Metroid Prime
      Metroid Prime 2 (I recommend it only because it's a Metroid game)
      Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Man, I wish I had caught this thread before I left work yesterday. I would have much rather sold you my games for dirt cheap, rather than trading them into GameStop. That said, you can still pick these games up for a nominal price.

Comment

Eternal Darkness is the best Single Player game on the Game Cube. It's a survival horror but extremely well done with lots of attention to details.

Super Smash Bros is the best multiplayer game.

Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be really good, but I never played it.

Mario Sunshine wasn't that great, you could skip over it and not miss too much.

Comment

If you are going to be playing with other people I recommend Timesplitters 2. The singleplayer is pretty decent but the best part of the game is either the various challenges and the multiplayer.

Comment

Twilight Princess is fantastic. I also have Tiger Woods '06 and I still play the heck out of it.

The best game on the console, though? Easy. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
              Twilight Princess is fantastic. I also have Tiger Woods '06 and I still play the heck out of it.

The best game on the console, though? Easy. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
              There is a Paper Mario coming out for the Wii...Are you going to be getting that? I saw it but haven't played any of the "Paper Mario" games not even sure what they are...LOL! HMMM actually not even sure if you have the Wii Whistler...LOL!

As for GC games I have a few of the family games and cheap Game Stop oldies...

Super Mario Strikers
              Mario Party 7 Daughter loves it and wants #8 for Wii
              Looney Tunes Back in Action Fun for the Kid and i
              Mario Golf
              Simpsons Hit N Run Had it on the PC and figured it would be just as fun on GC...
              NAMCO Museum Collection of OLdies games DIG DUG ROCKS!!!
              Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire
              NBA Courtside 2002
              Crash Tag Team Racing
              1080 Avalanche
              Knockout Kings 2003
              Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

Wii Twilight Princess is fantastic as Whistler said...and the kid is now playing Wario Smooth moves...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I'll be getting Twilight Princess for the Wii eventually, maybe once I've finished Metroid Prime... or if I see it on sale. I've already preordered Paper Mario for the Wii, if I like that I'll give The Thousand Year Door A Try.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

Resident Evil 4
                  Pikmen (believe there is 2)
                  Mario Party (if your feeling social)
                  The Zelda series
                  Animal Crossing
                  Killer 7 (fun, cartoony FPS)

I was very disappointed at Mario Sunshine.

Favorite of the above? Resident Evil 4.
                  Last edited by drew_952; 04-09-2007, 07:53 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Resident Evil 4
                    |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                    100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Super Smash Bros Melee is my favorite fighting game ever.
                      Pikmin 1 and 2 I enjoyed a great deal.
                      Resident Evil is one of the best games I've ever played, viewed in a gestalt manner.
                      Wind Waker was pretty fun.
                      Paper Mario 2 was pretty fun (though not quite as good as made out to be)
                      Viewtiful Joe was a really fun (though often difficult) game.
                      Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was a fantastic remake of Metal Gear Solid.
                      I've also heard alot about Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness, the former of which I just got, and the latter of which I've had extreme trouble locating in stores.

Comment

I can't believe the amount of people here who have not played Eternal Darkness. For shame.

Comment

Don't buy RE4. We are getting a wiimake of it. 30 dollars for the PS2 extras slightly better graphics (Gamecube level) and Wiimote aiming.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                            I can't believe the amount of people here who have not played Eternal Darkness. For shame.
                            Amen. Get that game!

Baten Kaitos/Baten Katios Origins as well ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X